SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Professional
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Professional Login/Join 
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted
Watching this right now. Gary Old man is incredible in this movie. Insane.

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
Isn't he the same dude that's in 5th element? He's crazy in that movie too.

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
One of Natalie's greatest performances. Even as a child she was a incredible actress. IMO she is still perhaps the most talented actress ever.

Still as a child, she was great in Beautiful Girls as well.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Definitely one of my favorite movies.

Fun fact, in case you didn't know: The movie Colombiana, starring Zoe Saldana, was originally written as a sequel to The Professional with a grown-up Mathilda as an assassin, before being changed to the movie it is now.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SBrooks:

Gary Oldman is great actor. I can't recall ever seeing a performance of his that I didn't like.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

posted Hide Post
Have not seen that one in a while. Good movie

Posts: 1563 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
One of Natalie's greatest performances. Even as a child she was a incredible actress. IMO she is still perhaps the most talented actress ever.

She was great. It's a shame she has become a nut case with her politics.

It's kids like you, who make this bus late.

Posts: 884 | Location: Weirton,WV | Registered: April 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryarnaud:
Definitely one of my favorite movies.

Fun fact, in case you didn't know: The movie Colombiana was originally written as a sequel to The Professional.

I'm also a fan of Leon and think it's still Nat's best role to date. I prefer the Director's Cut since it's even more f---ed up than the American theatrical cut. (I did also like Nat in Beautiful Girls.)

Thankfully Colombiana ended up not being a Leon sequel since that movie blew chunks. Sadly, the real sequel will probably never take place since Luc Besson had a falling out with Gaumont Studios who holds the rights to the Leon and Mathilda characters from The Professional.

Posts: 5580 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Gary Oldman is great actor. I can't recall ever seeing a performance of his that I didn't like.

100% agree. He's one of my favorites. Large or small role, he's always spot on.

Posts: 2687 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
You know who should see this movie?

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
There is a world elsewhere
Picture of Echtermetzger
posted Hide Post
Oldman was a tad over the top.

A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed.

Posts: 6685 | Location: The hard land of the Winter | Registered: April 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:

He’s the most thug in True Romance. Book of Eli wasn’t bad either. He can play a fat Winston Churchill or the most thug you have ever seen. His True Romance is a personal fav though.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gary oldman in

Romeo is Bleeding

State of Grace

Crazzzzzzeeeeeeeeyyyyy

Posts: 395 | Registered: June 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
One of my favorite movies... the scene when the swatt team knocks in the door and then rushes in the room and 'Leon's' arm comes down and pushes the door closed is classic.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Echtermetzger:
Oldman was a tad over the top.

I think that was the point of the character.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LastCubScout:
I prefer the Director's Cut since it's even more f---ed up than the American theatrical cut.

I still haven't seen that version. It's on my list, though.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:

...why don't you have a seat right over there...

------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by LastCubScout:
I prefer the Director's Cut since it's even more f---ed up than the American theatrical cut.

I still haven't seen that version. It's on my list, though.

Whats different in the two versions?

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
What's different in the two versions?

There's a scene where Natalie threatens to kill herself via Russian Roulette. Natalie goes on a few more training missions (in case you wondered why she didn't train very much in the theatrical cut). Natalie celebrates her first mission completion by getting drunk. There's a scene where she propositions Jean Reno for sex (showing how really emotionally vulnerable and disturbed that character is). And, there's a short scene where some kids try to bully her so she pays them off and sends them away.

Posts: 5580 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pointman73
posted Hide Post
On the cut that I have on DVD, Matilda goes on a hit with Leon. There are a few more scenes I can't remember right now.

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.

Posts: 104 | Location: From Philly, now in middle GA | Registered: June 04, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post