SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Xbox One: any difference between this month Games w/ Gold Battlefield 1 and the boxed one?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Xbox One: any difference between this month Games w/ Gold Battlefield 1 and the boxed one? Login/Join 
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted
Surprised that they give away such a recent (to these parts) game, I wonder if there is a reason to download it or is it just the same as the one I purchased on a regular disk.

Thanks for enlighten me.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12106 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Usually Games with Gold are the full game. Might not have all the DLC but it's probably the full game.

Some months they have really good games

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
If I own the disk already, any point (or extras) in dl the game again?
Haven't seen any details of the Games with gold re: this game. My machine says it's already installed.

0-0

Posts: 12106 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Apologies if my Qs sound elementary. There's very few Xboxes in this country and no support. MS (locally) never acknowledged the existence of the original one, announced the 360 when the One was already released and last I heard, they closed their office in Argentina

Little support is an understatement. Games are no longer found in stores.

This is PS territory.

0-0

Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Lord Vaalic answered your second question.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 0-0:
If I own the disk already, any point (or extras) in dl the game again?
Haven't seen any details of the Games with gold re: this game. My machine says it's already installed.

0-0

Sorry, missed where you said you had the disk. In that case there is nothing to gain for you, you already own the game.

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Not sure if you can play US region games in your Xbox but if you ever want a game you can't find you can send me the money and I'll buy it here and send it to you if you can't download. There's a GameStop right across the street from my job and I am in there frequently

Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
If he has an XBox One, it's region-free. If it's a 360, it may have a region lock for Argentina but most likely will not.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Thank you Lord! Pun intended. Always wanted to say this in English Wink.

It's a tiny market here for the Xbox without MS support. Ive owned the original, the 360 and the One. Do not own many games but raise my ears around October for the next gen of my favorite FPS.
Thanks a lot for the help and patience.

0-0