SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Movie Pass subscription service: See a movie in the theaters everyday for 10 bucks a month
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Movie Pass subscription service: See a movie in the theaters everyday for 10 bucks a month Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
sounds awesome , except I/we are not in the target demographic for movies these days.

three movies in the last 4 years Frown

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54502 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
Buddy told me about this a few weeks ago. I think we're going to get this when the good movies hit in the spring/summer. I have a feeling we'll be watching Avengers Affinity War more than once. Big Grin

Only works for each movie once.

Not according to their website, can see same over and over, once a day

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10920 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Strange. The app was pretty explicit in telling me that it only worked for movies once. It also makes sense to keep people from buying the pass and sharing it (won't lend my pass to people, in case I want to see the movie myself at some point).

I'll keep an eye out, to see if it will let me repeat movies I've seen.

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Confirmed, movies can be repeated.

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
We bought ours through Costco on-line.

We have tried for two days to use the cards, to no avail. The theater is one they acknowledge and the ap just keeps shutting down.

We talked with multiple people at MoviePass and they indicated they are having an issue with the ap.

We will be returning ours for a full refund from Costco.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Update:

My wife finally got it to work on her phone, not so much on my phone.

We have been using the Movie Pass for a few weeks now and I have to tell you, it is a pretty good deal.

Not sure why we still have issues with my phone ( a Droid) and not my wife's (I-phone).

Their CS is horrible IMO. But now that we have it working, it is well worth the price.

Any other users out there? Please post your experience.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sound and Fury
Picture of Dallas239
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P-220:
Update:

We have been using the Movie Pass for a few weeks now and I have to tell you, it is a pretty good deal.

Not sure why we still have issues with my phone ( a Droid) and not my wife's (I-phone).

Their CS is horrible IMO. But now that we have it working, it is well worth the price.

I would really like to be able to use this, as our preferred theater is participating. But the website says you cannot use the same phone for two accounts, and we have kids who don't have their own phones. Are you using both your accounts on just one phone?

"I've spoken of the shining city all my political life, but I don't know if I ever quite communicated what I saw when I said it. But in my mind it was a tall proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, wind-swept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace, a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity, and if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here." -- Ronald Reagan, Farewell Address, Jan. 11, 1989

Si vis pacem para bellum
There are none so blind as those who refuse to see.
Feeding Trolls Since 1995

Posts: 18039 | Registered: February 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
My phone number is still tied to the acct. but when I check in, we do so on my wife's phone. It really is easy, but it may require some trial and error. Like I said, do not count on their CS, because it SUCKS.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I'd not heard about this, but that is not surprising. From what has been said, I'm not able to use it, anyway, because I don't have a smart phone (and don't want one). Too bad.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dallas239:
quote:
Originally posted by P-220:
Update:

I would really like to be able to use this, as our preferred theater is participating. But the website says you cannot use the same phone for two accounts, and we have kids who don't have their own phones. Are you using both your accounts on just one phone?

I've been able to use one phone and to movie pass accounts. It's kind of a hassle, but doable. Log in, select movie, go to window, swipe card and get ticket, the log out. Repeat with second login.