Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Battlebots Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Have watched and enjoyed each time and can't help think of the old saying,"What seperates a man from a boy is the price of his toys." Wink

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by satch:
Have watched and enjoyed each time and can't help think of the old saying,"What seperates a man from a boy is the price of his toys." Wink

Lol... My 95 year old grandma says that all the time

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:

Curious why you think they deserve each other? One is a useless design and the other is a killing machine.

Because my head was up my butt, I mistook Chomp for something else. Yes, I'm truly ashamed. That said, I would like to see Tombstone vs. Chomp just to see Chomp run out of the competition forever.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Looks like Cheezy Bot spent too much time on the wardrobe, but who turned the screws backwards for Witch Doctor? Never seen them turn that way. Hmmm...

Jamming the remotes???

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
..who turned the screws backwards...

Yeah, the original direction pinched the bot into the wall, the screw stopped turning and all of a sudden the screw reversed, game back on. WTF?

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
I love this show. So many fails, but so many that manage to get buy with pure luck, or someone elses malfunction. Their is no telling who will win. I usually end up laughing my ass off. What a fun show.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10895 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I find it difficult to believe that Donald Hudson would use defective parts. Team Bronco (who I assume had $100000+ investment in it) wouldn't skimp out on transmitters for the controller either.

I doubt it even more that they would be running junk for the same battle.

They've gone all WWE on us. I didn't think Battlebots was fixed until the screws started turning the other direction with 8 seconds left on the clock. Stop running? Sure, they get jammed and stop. Whatever...

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
The screws reversed for witch doctor and lock jaw. It happened in both matches, there was definite intervention there.

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I was just reading that they did redo the screws programming this year, if there is something jammed in it, they will reverse and try and dislodge it.

They are trying to eliminate bots being stuck in the screws and get them back in action for a longer match and more action

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Didn't get to watch all of it last night.

• Huge 3 - 0
  • Chomp 0 - 3

•  
    Picture of Ripley
    posted Hide Post
    quote:

• Huge 3 - 0
  • Chomp 0 - 3

• Huge looks so frail but maybe, just maybe not. Any horizontal spinner should decimate it, no? From the side, into a wheel, yeah. Huge's wheelbase is so wide, would it straddle any horizontal spinner? Then it's vertical spinner vs. horizontal. Huge's big, loosey goosey frame would be thrown somewhere but maybe still intact, who knows what would happen to the other bot?

Anyway, adios Chomp, GTFO.

Unapologetic Old
    School Curmudgeon
    Picture of Lord Vaalic
    posted Hide Post
    Yeah, Huge is having the last laugh. Everyone thought it was a joke but that is a tough bot. It has taken some serious shots and keeps going. It busted up Chomp good.

Scorpios has a great driver, even with no weapon he hung in there pretty much just based on his speed and driving ability.

always with a hat or sunscreen
    Picture of bald1
    posted Hide Post

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzTpQ95upq0

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
    USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of Sock Eating Golden
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Ripley:
    quote:

• Huge 3 - 0
  • Chomp 0 - 3

• Huge looks so frail but maybe, just maybe not. Any horizontal spinner should decimate it, no? From the side, into a wheel, yeah. Huge's wheelbase is so wide, would it straddle any horizontal spinner? Then it's vertical spinner vs. horizontal. Huge's big, loosey goosey frame would be thrown somewhere but maybe still intact, who knows what would happen to the other bot?

Anyway, adios Chomp, GTFO.
    HUGE's bar reaches down to only two inches from the floor. No bot will be too short. I've read that the fight a similar design in smaller weight classes. It is able to continue with large chunks of it's wheels missing, supposedly.

Nick

"I cannot imagine any condition which would cause a ship to founder. I cannot conceive of any vital disaster happening to this vessel. Modern shipbuilding has gone beyond that."
    -Capt. Edward Smith

Posts: 5795 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: November 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Fire begets Fire
    Picture of SIGnified
    posted Hide Post
    I was a competitor in 2000 ... saw it decline and come back. Haven't watched too much, but it seems the strategies remain the same. (I have a BB pog from the early days - only given to winners Smile )

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
    ~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    My other Sig
    is a Steyr.
    Picture of .38supersig
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by SIGnified:
    I was a competitor in 2000 ... I have a BB pog from the early days - only given to winners Smile

Nice! I liked it back then too. The show had two weight classes and a weight advantage for no rotating mobility devices other than a jackscrew. Made it more interesting. I think the drive assembly they had on SoW made the jackscrew rule obsolete.

Remembering Pressure Drop, Complete Control, Biohazard, & Nightmare going at it was cool. The smaller bots would put on a surprising battle. Ziggo & Scrap Daddy was a good one.

Picture of Sock Eating Golden
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by SIGnified:
    I was a competitor in 2000 ... saw it decline and come back. Haven't watched too much, but it seems the strategies remain the same. (I have a BB pog from the early days - only given to winners Smile )
    I remember your thread two years ago. A wealth of knowledge and history.

Nick

"I cannot imagine any condition which would cause a ship to founder. I cannot conceive of any vital disaster happening to this vessel. Modern shipbuilding has gone beyond that."
    -Capt. Edward Smith

Posts: 5795 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: November 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    My other Sig
    is a Steyr.
    Picture of .38supersig
    posted Hide Post
    Drone + Screws = Junk! Big Grin

Picture of Ripley
    posted Hide Post
    RIP Spitfire, your worthless time on Earth served only to set up your glorious death. In your way, the GOAT, I salute you. Big Grin

always with a hat or sunscreen
    Picture of bald1
    posted Hide Post
    Duck decided to take flight! Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
    USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post