Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Battlebots Login/Join 
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
FYI a little hiatus for Battlebots. This in an email from them.

BattleBots Airs Desperado Tournament August 3rd on Discovery.
Eight teams will battle for a guaranteed spot in the Sweet 16 vying for the Giant Nut!

To kick off the second half of our season on Discovery and Science Channel, we'll be hosting a special "Desperado Flash Tournament" where eight teams, who have had lack-luster seasons so far, will volunteer to fight in a sudden-death, back-to-back, flash tournament. Win three matches and you earn a guaranteed spot in the Top-16, World Championship finals (at the end of the season).

The Desperado Tournament airs on Friday, Aug. 3 on Discovery Channel, and Aug. 8 on Science Channel. It is the first of ten remaining episodes in the 2018 season. Be sure to tune-in live, or set your DVR!

Shark Week Break
Before the Desperado Tournament airs we will be taking a short break for Discovery Shark Week. BattleBots will not be on Discovery July 20 or July 27. And we will not be on Science Channel August 1. BattleBots WILL be back for the second half of the season (10 more episodes!) Friday, Aug. 3 on Discovery Channel, and Aug. 8 on Science Channel.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
Drone + Screws = Junk! Big Grin

I kept hoping he would scoop up the drone and saw it in half, but the screws obliterated that thing

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I thought Whiplash was a pretty cool design, but Tombstone thought otherwise

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
I thought Whiplash was a pretty cool design, but Tombstone thought otherwise

At least they were able to find all of the bigger pieces. Rotator had one of their finer moments also.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
The best week of bouts this season.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Watching it today.

Warhead was given a(nother) freebie today because of ?

Cap'n Crunch didn't break!

Kraken did something for once.

I always liked Will Bales, funny as shit. Reality bites.

The last round was a tough call.

Thought it was cool that someone in the crowd was holding the spinner from Nightmare. Hell Yeah!

Am I the only one who wishes Derek Young was in the Battlebox instead of being a judge this year?

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
"Amber waves of pain..." Big Grin

-- Shredderator intro

Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I don't know how Warhead came out with the win on that one. I am not a fan of Blacksmith, but he won.

Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Shown in 150 countries!? Eek Cool

Posts: 7486 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Amazing semi finals....

spoilers

Tombstone out! Bronco out! I liked watching whiplash just wreck Bronco, what a good match. Lots of upsets this time. Final Four. What a good season

Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
What a good season

It really has been. Some of the most epic destruction ever, week after week. It'll be a real crapshoot going into the semis. I'll take the easy way and go with Minotaur but this season nothing is following to form.

Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Watching Icewave just get decapitated was incredible. Like chewing through a pop can

That was great the kid beat Bronco, and those guys have been his idols growing up and getting into the sport. He took down an icon, and went toe to toe with his idols, that is pretty cool I think

Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Watching Icewave just get decapitated was incredible. Like chewing through a pop can

That was great the kid beat Bronco, and those guys have been his idols growing up and getting into the sport. He took down an icon, and went toe to toe with his idols, that is pretty cool I think

I was really disappointed seeing Icewave and Bronco eliminated, but those unexpected turns are what I really enjoy about the series! You just never know what's going to happen next and lower rated underdogs can and do pull off some spectacular wins!

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Seems that having a great driver and a nimble bot is a much better bet than weapons or armor.

Probably common sense, yet those sweet upsets mean not everyone sees it coming.

Posts: 7486 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Yup, Wouldn't have guessed it played out like that.

Good thing I don't go to Vegas.

Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by apprentice:
Seems that having a great driver and a nimble bot is a much better bet than weapons or armor.

Probably common sense, yet those sweet upsets mean not everyone sees it coming.

I would add a good durable weapon. Doesn't have to be a knock out king but something that can do some damage and keeps on ticking. A lot like a welterweight boxer with great foot work and a good strong jab and occasional lead hook.

Old boxing adage, speed and agility works; you can't hit what you can't catch. For BJJ guys, it is that small quick annoying bastard that is constantly changing positions; his game is to disrupt your game and take advantage of any mistakes.....if the annoying little guy is wearing a blue gi, it looks a lot like attack of the smurf.

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
All over...

Giant Nut goes to Bite Force. What a season. Minatour wanted it bad, but that match was all Bite Force.

Tombstone buries a fist into the wall... Who was that bot he fought? Never heard of him

Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
A little more one-sided than I would have guessed. Two bots with weapons spinning on horizontal axes, the one with reach prevailed. I expected one or both to end up losing its weapon drive system.

I don't remember who beat Tombstone but they'd lost to Tombstone before and their bot was specifically designed to counter T. Kinda dumb luck they crossed paths in the tournament, I guess.