Find
Notify
Tools

Line of Duty Login/Join 
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted
Anyone get very far into this show?

It’s a highly rated British show that I think is supposed to be similar to The Wire.

We tried an episode or two, but although it is recent (2012), it just seemed dated with all the jerky camera action.

Worse camera work than The Last Kingdom, but we really got into that one and enjoyed it.

For those that have watched the show, is it worth sticking it out and giving it a chance?

Posts: 17881 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
I watched it after a UK police officer friend recommended it to me. Meh. Somewhat contrived and certainly not as authentic of a feel as "The Wire", but that certainly set a very high standard. One needs to also recognize that there's cultural differences between those in the UK and here. Sometimes it's difficult for us to recognize those and that harms our understanding of whey characters do what they do/say what they say.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
Wife and I loved it. It is for entertainment but the drama and who dun it's keep us watching. We haven't watched final season yet as not available on the free TV and don't really want to pay a subscription fee. Someday it will pop up on free TV hopefully.

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1375 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
We're going to give it a try. Many say it was inspired by Between the Lines '92-'94. The first two seasons of that show are my favorite English cop TV ever (3rd season jumps the shark). All the BtL episodes have been uploaded to YouTube and it's worth watching just for Tony Doyle (portraying John Deakin).

2.2.21 ETA: Watched the first two seasons and so far very good. Lots of twists. Going to watch the rest of the free ones and decide if we want to buy the rest. Keeley Hawes' character in the second season is about as far from Mrs. Durrell (in Corfu) as you can get.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Blackmore,

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3445 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
Mrs. AUTiger89 and I are watching it for the 2nd time and on season 4. We both love it.

The plots are interconnected and run through all seasons, which can get complex at times. As with all British shows, you see a lot of actors and actresses from other British shows. Season 3, in particular,

"My job is to nick bent coppers!" is my favorite line from the show. And "Fancy a cuppa?"

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6038 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
Wow! Just binged Season 3 the other night and early the next morning. It moved right along with more twists and betrayals. Tied up older loose ends but created some more new ones. Finale was intense but I'm sure I saw a shark jumping in Lough Neagh the last fifteen minutes. Wink

We're going to wait a few nights before starting Season 4. BtL may have lost its top spot.

Posts: 3445 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
We finished season 5 and loved them all. Can't wait for season 6!

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6038 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
Season 4 binged. Big Grin

May do the Hulu free trial to watch Season 5.

Season 6 has Kelly Macdonald. Liked her since Train Spotting and Gosford Park