Find
Notify
Tools

Warrior Nun Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted
I thought I remembered seeing a thread on it, but can't find it.

Watched the first episode out of desperation - too nasty to do anything outside and nothing else appealed. Wound up doing a 4 episode binge. 8 episodes in the plot is showing signs of getting a little stale but still has possibilities.

Anybody else watching/watched it?

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15180 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
I watched it. I give it a 6 or 7 out of 10.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
It was ok. I'd give it a 6. Same as The Old Guard for me. mindless television.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
It was ok. I'd give it a 6. Same as The Old Guard for me. mindless television.

Yeah. Old Guard without Charlize Theron would have been unwatchable.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
I think I just have a crush on Ava... Big Grin

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15180 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
You know I put it in my queue but after watching the Old Guard which was MEH to horrible I just jumped right into finding a nice horrible Asylum movie because at least I know I am going to get cheesy bad.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
Wife and I binge watched it. Mindless fun.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8837 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I was quite surprised on how entertained I was by the show,

Posts: 22857 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
On episode 8 right now. Ava is totes adorbz. Pity her outfit doesn't mimic that of the comic. LOL

Spain is freaking gorgeous!

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16176 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
I tried. Terrible. I barely made it through the first episode. I gave up part of the way through episode two.

Posts: 12434 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
almost done. just want to finish at this point. fast forwarding a lot. some parts are good. ava has been annoying as hell. just like the protector series (turkish series?) - watched some of it because of the female exec assistant. main character is an annoying douche.

hey. i was brought back from the dead and have super powers. let’s go clubbing. wtf.

fight scenes aren’t bad though. and beatrice is cool.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Most was annoying but the last two episodes were pretty good and kept my interest. Twists and some things don’t make sense like tarask vs adriel. Why would they fight each other?

But I’d be interested in season two when available.

"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
It was meh. If another season comes out and I’m bored, I may remember to watch it.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17244 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Without forced covid tv watching most of this shitty, half ass tv wouldn’t even get viewed.

Posts: 7344 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Watched a couple of episodes waiting for it to get better, no mo

Posts: 5299 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
It was meh for me until last 2 episodes. Twist in last episode hooked me for next season.

I did fast forward a lot until the last episodes.