SIGforum
Warrior Nun

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/720601935/m/7130043274

July 14, 2020, 05:08 AM
PHPaul
Warrior Nun
I thought I remembered seeing a thread on it, but can't find it.

Watched the first episode out of desperation - too nasty to do anything outside and nothing else appealed. Wound up doing a 4 episode binge. 8 episodes in the plot is showing signs of getting a little stale but still has possibilities.

Anybody else watching/watched it?

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.
July 14, 2020, 05:10 AM
fpuhan
I watched it. I give it a 6 or 7 out of 10.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member
July 14, 2020, 06:12 AM
Chowser
It was ok. I'd give it a 6. Same as The Old Guard for me. mindless television.

Not minority enough!
July 14, 2020, 06:27 AM
fpuhan
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
It was ok. I'd give it a 6. Same as The Old Guard for me. mindless television.

Yeah. Old Guard without Charlize Theron would have been unwatchable.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member
July 14, 2020, 06:27 AM
PHPaul
I think I just have a crush on Ava... Big Grin

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.
July 14, 2020, 07:49 AM
cslinger
You know I put it in my queue but after watching the Old Guard which was MEH to horrible I just jumped right into finding a nice horrible Asylum movie because at least I know I am going to get cheesy bad.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."
July 14, 2020, 08:08 AM
myrottiety
Wife and I binge watched it. Mindless fun.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.
July 14, 2020, 04:15 PM
smschulz
I was quite surprised on how entertained I was by the show,
July 14, 2020, 06:04 PM
AllenInAR
On episode 8 right now. Ava is totes adorbz. Pity her outfit doesn't mimic that of the comic. LOL

Spain is freaking gorgeous!

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV
July 19, 2020, 12:52 AM
BB61
I tried. Terrible. I barely made it through the first episode. I gave up part of the way through episode two.

July 20, 2020, 01:04 AM
konata88
almost done. just want to finish at this point. fast forwarding a lot. some parts are good. ava has been annoying as hell. just like the protector series (turkish series?) - watched some of it because of the female exec assistant. main character is an annoying douche.

hey. i was brought back from the dead and have super powers. let’s go clubbing. wtf.

fight scenes aren’t bad though. and beatrice is cool.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book
July 25, 2020, 12:31 PM
konata88
Most was annoying but the last two episodes were pretty good and kept my interest. Twists and some things don’t make sense like tarask vs adriel. Why would they fight each other?

But I’d be interested in season two when available.

"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book
July 25, 2020, 01:49 PM
flesheatingvirus
It was meh. If another season comes out and I’m bored, I may remember to watch it.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --
July 28, 2020, 03:48 PM
pedropcola
Without forced covid tv watching most of this shitty, half ass tv wouldn’t even get viewed.
July 28, 2020, 04:25 PM
BigSwede
Watched a couple of episodes waiting for it to get better, no mo

July 28, 2020, 10:17 PM
konata88
It was meh for me until last 2 episodes. Twist in last episode hooked me for next season.

I did fast forward a lot until the last episodes.