SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    My father didn't think so. People were human beings to him.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My father didn't think so. People were human beings to him. Login/Join 
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted
But to you, a warped frustrated old man, they're cattle! Well, in my book, he died a much richer man than you'll ever be.

Posts: 20081 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
There is a world elsewhere
Picture of Echtermetzger
posted Hide Post
You sit around here and you spin your little webs and you think the whole world revolves around you and your money. Well, it doesn't, Mr. Potter. In the whole vast configuration of things, I'd say you were nothing but a scurvy little spider! And..

A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed.

Posts: 6685 | Location: The hard land of the Winter | Registered: April 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
My lips bleedin' !

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
George: "know what the 3 most exciting sounds in the world are?"

Uncle Billy: "breakfast is served, lunch is served, dinner_ _"

George: "oh no no, anchor chains, plane motors, and train whistles."

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Mr. Potter is one the biggest assholes in the history of movies....

He gets no comeuppance, has no redemption, doesnt help anyone. At the end he's still an asshole, still owns the whole damn town, and still has the $8000. And even though he knows George is innocent he is still sending the cops after him.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happiness is
Vectored Thrust
Picture of mojojojo
posted Hide Post
Strange, isn't it? Each man's life touches so many other lives. When he isn't around he leaves an awful hole, doesn't he?

Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew.

Posts: 6723 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd D. Barber:
[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="360" src="https://www.liveleak.com/ll_embed?f=8d38bfac6adb" width="640"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Thanks for posting this! I've been scouring the internet since last night for the infamous SNL skit on the Mr. Potter beat down since last night, but can't find it now.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
posted Hide Post
They're not there either.

What?

Zu Zu's petals.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
"Every man on that transport died. Harry wasn't there to save them because you weren't there to save Harry." (the kick in the gut moment of the movie)

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
posted Hide Post
When I first got cable TV around 80/81, this movie seemed to always be on between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Richard M Nixon

Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
"Hey look, mister, we serve hard drinks in here for men who want to get drunk fast and we don’t need any characters around to give the joint atmosphere."

Posts: 3498 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post