SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Book recommendation time again...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Book recommendation time again... Login/Join 
Picture of cyberphobia
posted Hide Post
Started to read Jo Nesbo again.
Detective Harry Hole in Oslo read 'The Bat' first if you have not already read them.

"Advertising is the art of convincing people to spend money they don't have for something they don't need"

Will Rogers

SIG 229R LEGION SAO
SIG 226R Elite SAO
COONAN COMPACT .357 MAG

Posts: 2255 | Location: Ft Myers Florida | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Captain Morgan
posted Hide Post
The Necroscope series by Brian Lumley. It about a boy who can talk to the dead and channel their talents. It turn into a vampire series.
The author was in the British army if I remember correctly.

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3858 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
You say Fantasy but since others are mentioning Sci-Fi, I have to mention Hyperion (Hyperion cantos). Four books of good length.

For fantasy not mentioned, Roger Zelazny's Chronicles of Amber series is good but they are a fast easy read.

Posts: 7320 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Karmanator
Picture of Chance
posted Hide Post
Night Angel series by Brent Weeks, the first book is "The Way of Shadows"

Fantasy novel about becoming and assassin. Kind of like The Farseer Trilogy by Robin Hobb.

But different. Smile

Both fantastic series.

Posts: 3276 | Registered: December 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
quote:
Originally posted by PR64:
The Gunslinger series...Stephen King

Stephen king is a rabid anti gunner. I have no wish to give him my money.

Yeah, well you're really missing out, because the Gunslinger is solid.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 16995 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airsoft guy:
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
quote:
Originally posted by PR64:
The Gunslinger series...Stephen King

Stephen king is a rabid anti gunner. I have no wish to give him my money.

Yeah, well you're really missing out, because the Gunslinger is solid.

There may be other authors with similar views. I typically follow them on facespace. I dont see any of them spoyting off like he did. His vehement hatred for republicans and gun owners has soured me to the point that i will not willingly give the bastard a dime.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
uber-geek
Picture of rwdflynavy
posted Hide Post
They are fairly formulaic, but I really enjoyed the Belgariad by Eddings. The characters are really fun and the dialogue is great.

First is called Pawn of Prophecy.

"To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them." ~George Mason

chartprepping.com Retirement Planning and Random Musings from a Military Perspective

Posts: 3391 | Location: Big Lick Virginia | Registered: April 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
The Passage (The Passage #1), Justin Cronin 2010
The Twelve (The Passage #2), Justin Cronin 2012
The City of Mirrors (The Passage #3), Justin Cronin 2016

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post