SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Forensic ballistics used on a episode of The Rifleman
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Forensic ballistics used on a episode of The Rifleman Login/Join 
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
The Rifleman was a great show.... about a rancher that we never see do any ranching.
And once a week he kills a few people and nobody seems to mind. Big Grin

He was a rancher, yet all the villains were always calling him a sod-buster.
I watch the re-runs. Saw two episodes where no one was shot.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NK402:
I find it interesting that all of the principals in the TV westerns back then wore the same clothes week after week.

That was so they could use footage of the character on horse back over and over.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd D. Barber:
Saw two episodes where no one was shot.

I don't believe you Wink

I remember one episode where he took a piece of scrap wood and made a stock for his pistol in the middle of a gun fight. I always laugh about that.

Posts: 200 | Registered: January 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jc91087:
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd D. Barber:
Saw two episodes where no one was shot.

I don't believe you Wink

I remember one episode where he took a piece of scrap wood and made a stock for his pistol in the middle of a gun fight. I always laugh about that.

https://www.riflemanconnors.com/most_amazing_man.htm

https://www.riflemanconnors.com/old_tony.htm

Richard M Nixon

Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NK402:
I find it interesting that all of the principals in the TV westerns back then wore the same clothes week after week.

Very noticeable on Bonanza. IIRC it was because episodes or parts of them were filmed out of sequence and they didn't want clothes changing in the middle of a scene.

Posts: 27925 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post