SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Stranger Things 3 (Spoilers)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stranger Things 3 (Spoilers) Login/Join 
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
I can suspend disbelief easier having a monster from another dimension come into ours than I can that people who have been through what they've been through wouldn't communicate with the adults when it began happening again. Madness.

IT didn't feel like Stranger Things. It felt like Scooby Doo.

Posts: 11354 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
I can suspend disbelief easier having a monster from another dimension come into ours than I can that people who have been through what they've been through wouldn't communicate with the adults when it began happening again. Madness.

IT didn't feel like Stranger Things. It felt like Scooby Doo.

If you follow the timeline, the whole season spanned three or four days.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
I am rather disappointed by the sudden "l0ok, we have a gay character" scene and the overall cursing by a group of Jr high/High schoolers.

Maybe the friends I hung out with where a bit higher on the morality scale?

First finished it up lastnight.
My thoughts exactly.
While some kids that age cursed where I grew up it was not that prevalent.

I liked it but thought the first two seasons were better.

*******SPOILER*********
So is Hopper really dead??????

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnCourage
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed it but part of that is that my son and I watch it together. I agree with many of the complaints listed above. I will add that Lucas’s sister Erica was extremely irritating. I did like Nancy and her comfort with handling and using guns.

JC

Posts: 1267 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Just finished season 3, not impressed. The kids were just that much older and less likable, the plot thinner, peppering PC throughout grated (i.e. July 4th fair as emblematic of exploitative America? Roll Eyes ), just not sure who the target audience is here. Pretty good FX for what that's worth.

quote:
Originally posted by JohnCourage:
..Erica was extremely irritating.

Memorably so. It's like they took every nasty trait they could come up with and packed them into one character, what an utter pantload.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
I am rather disappointed by the sudden "l0ok, we have a gay character" scene and the overall cursing by a group of Jr high/High schoolers.

And let's not forget the budding inter-racial romance too, so very common in 1985. Not. As for the gay character, Robin was great, and well-acted, but the gay angle was really (really) forced. Of course, the inter-web social multi-universe applauded spectacularly for its inclusion. I don't hate those additions, but...1985.

Still, I did enjoy it. The first season was an A, second a B+ or A-, and this one a B. Still makes it better than most things on TV.

Posts: 3531 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
Anyone care to guess who’s the American in the Russian prison?

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
You'd think it was Hopper, but the Russians seem to have cleared out of the base as the Americans were moving in. One thing is certain: Hopper wasn't on the platform in the moment right before the Key was destroyed. There's a wide shot right before it blows and the platform is empty.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batty67:
quote:

And let's not forget the budding inter-racial romance too, so very common in 1985. Not. As for the gay character, Robin was great, and well-acted, but the gay angle was really (really) forced. Of course, the inter-web social multi-universe applauded spectacularly for its inclusion. I don't hate those additions, but...1985.

Still, I did enjoy it. The first season was an A, second a B+ or A-, and this one a B. Still makes it better than most things on TV.

I would go to wager that in the original script Robin and Steve got together. I am guessing it changed somewhere along the line.

————————————————

Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
Wait.....Robin and Steve AREN'T together??? I thought the gay character was the skinny kid with the Prince Valiant hair.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16177 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AllenInWV:
Wait.....Robin and Steve AREN'T together??? I thought the gay character was the skinny kid with the Prince Valiant hair.

Guess you did not pause it while you went to get a drink or something and missed the whole bathroom scene.

Then the end where Mike and El professed their love for each other.

————————————————

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PD:
Anyone care to guess who’s the American in the Russian prison?

Dr Brenner from season 1?

Posts: 1662 | Location: NH | Registered: January 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
You'd think it was Hopper, but the Russians seem to have cleared out of the base as the Americans were moving in. One thing is certain: Hopper wasn't on the platform in the moment right before the Key was destroyed. There's a wide shot right before it blows and the platform is empty.

Girlfriend says Hopper. I don’t know but I don’t argue Wink
Gruesome death for the other guy. I do recall a cage for those creatures in an earlier episode.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
quote:

Guess you did not pause it while you went to get a drink or something and missed the whole bathroom scene.

Then the end where Mike and El professed their love for each other.

Mike has the wavy Prince Val 'do. I'm talking about the pre-teen Emo Phillips. I think I totally just missed the Robin thing. I remember them talking about chicks that dug Steve, but not her saying she dug one of the chicks. Bummer, they were cute together.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16177 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

did not realize I was a ground breaker then (dated a black chick about that time, )

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I said it was not common. But per modern tv, it was virtually mandatory. I get it.

Posts: 3531 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:

Just finished a major binge on this. All 3 seasons in about 2 weeks.
Very much agree with the above. S1 was great, 2 good bit less than 1. 3 kept me engaged but not as heavily.

Looking forward to S4.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15153 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post