SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Upcoming XBO FPS games recommendation, please?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Upcoming XBO FPS games recommendation, please? Login/Join 
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted
Been mighty quiet lately so I thought it would be a good idea to post something.

My kids dropped off the radar long ago but for sentimental reasons I keep my XBL account alive and now and then purchase a new FPS even if I'm quite sure it will not get played. Sadly as it is, it's now the season for the new gen of FPS and would appreciate a heads up.

Have a bunch of CoD and Battlefield games but guess there should be by now some decent competition. Also enjoyed a bit of Clancy's Siege. If and when I play, I stick to the solo campaign. Suck badly online and wouldn't embarrassing anyone to play with me. Ping is not my friend.

Thanks.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12107 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
If single player is what you're after, try the Far Cry series. Far Cry 5 was just released a few months ago.

Or the 2016 Doom remake is also fun, for pure hectic single player shoot-em-up mayhem. Plus the sequel, Doom Eternal, is scheduled to be released in the near future. (Might not be your thing if you're into the more realistic tactical shooters, though.)

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I'm on PS4, but Far Cry 5 is a lot of fun. You can fly Helos and jump out with a wing suit on, you can ride ATVs, and all sort of things.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
I completed Far cry 3 and watched one of my kids finish Far cry 4. Heard a lot of good things about F C 5 but wonder if it's different enough not to bore me.

0-0

Posts: 12107 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
It's quite a bit better than 4, IMO. I never much cared for the franchise before v5.

Also, the game Prey (2017) is pretty great, too. Takes place on a space station, creepy atmospherics, pretty good story, cool monsters, etc. I finished it a few months ago.

Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
A lot like Red Dead Redemption and the second one is coming out next month.

Posts: 17884 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
A lot like Red Dead Redemption

Good game, but not a FPS (First Person Shooter).

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
COD Black Ops 5 is coming out next month I think.

COD WW2 wasn't bad, but I don't really care for COD anymore, I'm too damn old and don't have the time anymore to deal with twitch snipers and cussing 10 year olds.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10728 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
orareyougladtoseeme
Picture of isthatasiginyourpocket
posted Hide Post
The Blackops 4 Beta was a pleasant surprise. If the multiplayer is anything like the beta fortnite style free for all it should be good.

Posts: 2547 | Location: MN | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Is Prey an FPS? I played Dead Space 1 &2 but prefer 1st person rather than 3rd.

0-0

Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Ghost Recon: Wildlands is either third or first person...I think. It’s good solo, an absolute blast with a few friends (4 player co op). I think there’s a big Halo release soon also but I couldn’t tell you much about it. I’m a PS4 player.

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Bought GR Wildlands, been waiting for a peaceful day to launch it. Heard it's a blast.

0-0

posted Hide Post
^^^ I may have to find a copy also. Hard to find good solo campaigns.

I like the Far Cry series as well, but haven't gotten past 4. Otherwise, I prefer 3rd person games like Red Dead Redemption and the new Tomb Raider titles.
Haven't played COD since black ops 2.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2739 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 0-0:
Is Prey an FPS? I played Dead Space 1 &2 but prefer 1st person rather than 3rd.

0-0

Yes indeed. FPS.