SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Tom Selleck is 73 years old today
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tom Selleck is 73 years old today Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted
Happy 73rd B'Day Thomas Magnum. Where has the time gone.... (Which would be a GREAT name for an updated episode by the way)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12328 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Met him about two years ago at a gunshow. Tapped him on the shoulder, apologized for bothering him but said I had always wanted to shake hands with Lance White. He laughed and shook my hand. Nice man.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What man didn't want to be Thomas Magnum? Ahh...those were the days.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3532 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One of the good guys. Happy birthday, Matthew Quigley.

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5159 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Min-Chin-Chu-Ru... Speed with Glare
posted Hide Post
I've posted this before but I'll post again...

Why is Selleck not making a guest appearance on NCIS as Thomas Magnum. Both Blue Bloods and NCIS are on CBS. And NCIS and Magnum are/were Don Bellisario Productions.

Posts: 1266 | Location: MA | Registered: December 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would like to see him do a couple more Jesse Stone movies.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16086 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:

As would I!

Posts: 7267 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M'headSig:
I've posted this before but I'll post again...

Why is Selleck not making a guest appearance on NCIS as Thomas Magnum. Both Blue Bloods and NCIS are on CBS. And NCIS and Magnum are/were Don Bellisario Productions.

Nah, I disagree. Sometimes, we need to let our heros ride off into the sunset so we can still see them in our mind's eye today as they were.

I'm impressed he's still working at 73.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19658 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Expert308:
quote:

As would I!

Count me in also. I'd like to see a return of Reggie too.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
I wish CBS would run the Magnum episode "Did you see the sunrise" [Ivan].

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
Wasn't really a Magnum fan, but I think Selleck is outstanding on Blue Bloods. It's one of the few Network TV shows I can stand to watch.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
One of the good guys. I've always enjoyed his "work".

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10909 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
And my wife would still "do" him.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday Mr. Selleck.

Thanks for being one of the "good ones" from Hollywood.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I have a birthday card that he sent me. Nice personal message. My wife wrote him and asked if he would send me a bday card and damn if he didn’t. Definitely not a form letter or whatever but a real bday card with a handwritten note that absolutely seems genuine.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of drew3630
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by just1tym:
quote:
Originally posted by Expert308:
quote:

As would I!

Count me in also. I'd like to see a return of Reggie too.

I believe Reggie passed away. There was a reference to Reggie being Jesse Stone's conscience in the latest movie. Reggie was replaced by Steve, a golden retriever who likes spaghetti.

Posts: 244 | Location: Northern California | Registered: June 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
Would also like to see more Jesse Stone movies. That role suits him perfectly.

Michael

Posts: 1102 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
Mine too, brother. We grew up in Hawaii during Magnum. I’m actually an extra in a couple of episodes.. my wife had pretty much had a crush on Selleck since 1982

quote:
Originally posted by Rolan_Kraps:
And my wife would still "do" him.

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drew3630:
I believe Reggie passed away. There was a reference to Reggie being Jesse Stone's conscience in the latest movie. Reggie was replaced by Steve, a golden retriever who likes spaghetti.

Wow, thats sad. I see that the dog that played Reggie named Joe, passed in real life in 2013.. Frown

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday Mr. Selleck! Very fond memories of much of his work and continue to enjoy to this day. A great supporter of the 2nd Amendment too. Smile

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post