SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    50th Anniversary Sgt Pepper release
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

50th Anniversary Sgt Pepper release Login/Join 
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted
...is awesome. If you're a fan of the famous Beatles album, the new remix (NOT remaster) is simply amazing. To put some perspective on this; when Pepper was made in 1967, George Martin and the Fab Four spent weeks mixing the album in mono, and spent only 2 days on the stereo mix, which is what we all have on our CDs and albums. George Martin's son Giles went back to all of the original individual tracks (in those days, four individual tracks were mixed down to one to bounce onto the first track of a second 4 track deck, and so on, creating second generational tracks that degraded with hiss and decreased frequencies, etc.), all found to be pristine in condition and remixed the album without bouncing stuff around.

The new remix clearly shows how timeless Sgt Pepper is. Every instrument now pops with clarity, also no more hard left-hard right type of stereo sound. I bought the single CD remix, but there are other packages as well.

This new CD is now my official Sgt Pepper copy.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16691 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
Is this the one called "DELUXE EDITION" or is that something else?

Posts: 45373 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Been thinking about this as well

“I'm fat because everytime I do your girlfriend, she gives me a cookie”.

Posts: 546 | Registered: December 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
Speaking of SPLHCB, I watched this the other day and thought it was a good video.

Posts: 11164 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
"50th Anniversary Sgt Pepper release"

So it was 70 years ago today, that Sgt. Pepper taught the band to play?

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
This interested me. I may have to pick up the single disc though I'm a huge fan of outtake material.

There's just something spooky about A Day In The Life. Maybe it's his voice, the lyrics. I don't know. He just sounds so desperate when he sings, "I read the news today oh boy..."

Posts: 13109 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've always been suspicious that Lennon and McCartney had ghost writers. Could not believe that the same people who, when not covering Chuck Berry songs were writing drivel like "I wanna hold your hand, yeah yeah." were capable of the genius that came with Sgt. Pepper and later works. Just my own little private conspiracy theory.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NK402:
I've always been suspicious that Lennon and McCartney had ghost writers. Could not believe that the same people who, when not covering Chuck Berry songs were writing drivel like "I wanna hold your hand, yeah yeah." were capable of the genius that came with Sgt. Pepper and later works. Just my own little private conspiracy theory.

I'm no expert on The Beatles, nor the music industry, but I think many musicians from the past did what they had to do, and what managers and record companies were trying to force them to do, to make radio-friendly music.

Several started out doing derivative stuff with throw-away lyrics but eventually produced much more original, creative works once they honed their music and lyric writing skills and earned the trust of those funding them by selling tons of albums.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
For anyone who questions McCartney's genius, I offer this...

http://www.culturesonar.com/penny-lane/

When you hear it you may not understand its profundity. When you analyze it theoretically, you can't deny it, IMO.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5480 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was a joke , guys .

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
I guess that means I have been toting that poster around for about 49 1/2 years now.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post