SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    No Red Dead Redemption 2 thread?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

No Red Dead Redemption 2 thread? Login/Join 
Leatherneck
posted
I’m surprised nobody has started one yet. I’ve been playing for just over a week and I’m blown away with this game. I’ve only heard of one major bug and I’ve only run into one which was only a minor inconvenience. I didn’t play the first one but coming from the GTA series I thought the game would be more cartoonish in a way. It’s definitely a romanticized version of life but it’s not over the top so far. The story is deep and there is a shitload of stuff to do. Much like Skyrim or Fallout I have gone days without touching the main story missions. I’ve spent hours just out hunting.

Also the scenery and soundtrack are amazing. I’ve got to the point where I unlock fast travel but I have no use for it right now. I love riding around seeing everything and interacting with NPCs so much I don’t want to stop. I rarely take a train.

I’m looking forward to the online game but I’m fine if it gets delayed a while as I’m enjoying the story so much.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
I played the first one and it was probably my favorite game at the time (Portal 2 wasn't out yet). It was a 10 out of 10, in my opinion.

I really would like to get RDR2 but I don't have system that will play it.

Posts: 45331 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I'd have played it if it was available on PC. I can't stand playing shooters--first-person or third--on console, so I skipped it. It's too bad because it does look pretty amazeballs.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Yeah I wish it was on PC as well. I’ll be buying it as soon as it’s released.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
I played RDR 1 on the PS3 and loved it. I play no games at all now, but would love to play RDR 2, had I a PS4. I just can't justify buying a whole system when I know I'd probably only play the one game. Were it available for PC, I too could go for that.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
It's awesome. Huge open world to explore. The story is solid and actually has things to say about endings and myths persisting over reality. It has humor, and action, and some real emotional gut punches mixed in.

If I had any gripe at all it would be that you spend a LOT of time riding from one location to another and the bounty system is a little wonky. I'm not sure I should be running up a huge bounty because i bumped someone with a horse, they shot me, I shot them back, and the entire town then erupted into a massive gun battle.

Posts: 2590 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Passed over my 360, so I don't even have the option to play it (short of buying an Xbox one). Previews looked cool though and I really enjoyed RDR 1.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2731 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
Another PC person here. I haven't gotten a new console since the 360 came out.

Reallllllly hoping RDR2 comes to PC. LOVED the first one.

Posts: 6029 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by copaup:

If I had any gripe at all it would be that you spend a LOT of time riding from one location to another and the bounty system is a little wonky. I'm not sure I should be running up a huge bounty because i bumped someone with a horse, they shot me, I shot them back, and the entire town then erupted into a massive gun battle.

I love riding from one place to another except that I get distracted trying to find three star animals and so every ride takes forever. I do agree about the bounty. Saint Denis is a nightmare trying to get anything done in.

One thing that blows me away is that not only do you have choices on how to handle situations, but that Arthur will make comments related to your actions. I made this video because of his comments after I took action.

The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
Go heckle the show in St Denis if you haven't already. While it seems the actual story is pretty well set, your actions defineately affect the world in a myriad of small ways.

I rode up on a camp site full of loud unruly types who insulted me and told me to ride on. I decided that Arthur had had a bad day and wouldn't put up with that and in the ensuing fracas many bodies hit the dirt. Arthur calmly quipped afterwards "Guess they should have been friendlier."

Posts: 2590 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I am enjoying the game on Xbox. It is a big world.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
Haven't played it yet, got to decide which console I need to upgrade to (have PS3 now) but a friend has been playing it a lot.I have been on Youtube researching it and ran across this video:

I guess Arthurwill have to go "Old West" on him.

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
I have 120 hours into RDR2. I just beat the Epilogue and oh my goodness i love this game. It was perfect.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
How tedious is it? If the pace is too slow it will bore me. I read things like bathing, brushing your horse, and wearing clothes that fit the weather are requirements. I'm afraid getting bogged down doing stuff like that would not be a enjoyable.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Overall I love the game. Eating and feeding you're horse isn't that tedious and I really haven't experienced any negative consequences from not being properly clothed. I don't supply the camp with anthing, that is tedious and I don't see that it really matters.
My only real complaint is traveling around. You can fast travel from Arthur's wagon at the campsite but you can't fast travel back. There are trains and stagecoaches to ride but if you complete a mission on the far side of the map, up in the mountains, it's just a long ride back.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3505 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Sometimes I leave my horse tied up and ‘just walk’. Amazing what I discover.

Last week I had to enter some town but I had a bounty on my and ‘the law’ was waiting for me at every enterance. I studied the map and took my horse thru the mountains and avoided all of the bounty hunters and law....freeking amazing how deep this game is.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I am going to use this opportunity to shamelessly plug my YouTube page...

https://www.youtube.com/channe...Q?view_as=subscriber

There isn't much yet, mainly just fish locations. I am working on making a page without all the "Hey YouTube, What's up it's your boy..." crap. My videos are under a minute long and with no voice over.

But back to the OP...Yeah it is an amazing game. I am in Chapter 6 now after a little over two months of playing daily. I have spent a lot of time hunting and fishing and trying to finish off the challenges. Now I am at a point where I have to continue the story to finish the side missions so I am pushing on until I can continue the side stuff.

I am far enough along that I can say this is the best game I have ever played.

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
about 38% in, Red Dead is done doing tedious missions; shit starts to get real.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Friends are telling me to get the game now. I'll have to dig up my PS4. I don't remember where I put it. Last game I played on it was Last of Us for the billionth time. I have a $20 PS gift card somewhere that I can finally use.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post