New
Find
Notify
Tools

Archer Login/Join 
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I agree. The new season is just lacking. I'll power through but I have been recording them and just watch them when nothing else is on. And honestly it's hard to pay attention sometimes.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
yeah I find myself waiting for the commercials

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53177 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
I've only laughed a few times this season. The theme is good though, only positive comment I can really give.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3600 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ravens1775
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andyb:
I've only laughed a few times this season. The theme is good though, only positive comment I can really give.

Yeah, I'm struggling with this season. It's way more dark than it is funny. The other seasons have been a good mix of the two.

Posts: 744 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
Is it still a coma dream? I checked out soon after I saw he was dreaming.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9156 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ravens1775
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
Is it still a coma dream? I checked out soon after I saw he was dreaming.

Yup. The whole thing. It doesn't completely suck, it's just not all that funny.

Posts: 744 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I agree. It's not that it's not a cool story in and of itself but it's not Archer. Love the aesthetic and timeframe and there has been the occasional laugh but this season is just a little to far out of ..... dare I say it... THE DAAAANNNGER ZOOOONNNEE!!

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Ok the last episode was pretty good. Barry tends to steal the show and he was great in this one.

That and "I mean f'n halberds" at the end had me chuckling quite a bit.

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Ok so I gotta say, although this season was not nearly as funny, the last few episodes had their moments and this past episode / this season was really a great heartfelt goodbye to George Coe "Woodhouse" and honestly that kind of makes this season kind of great. The film noir bent was cool and frankly the whole season has been a goodbye to "Woodhouse/George Coe" and you know that is kind of a bittersweet payoff to this season. Less laughs but basically a season devoted to a fallen friend and that's worth something.

I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
I haven't seen the last episode yet, but I've loved this season quite a bit. It's not been as laugh out loud funny as past seasons, but I've liked it a lot more than Archer Vice and Archer P.I.

FX wants more Archer, but I remember reading somewhere that he only wants to do Archer for 1 or 2 more seasons. Any more than that, and the show will seriously jump the shark and go into Simpsons/Family Guy levels of pointless.

Posts: 4166 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ravens1775
posted Hide Post
I get that they wanted to do a tribute to Woodhouse, but they could have done that without messing with the show's formula. Plenty of other shows have figured out how to pay tribute to deceased actors/characters/writers. For me, this season was the least entertaining of them all. I just don't think it worked.

The best part of the show is the dynamic between "the gang", how long they've known each other, and the recurring jokes. That was only semi-present this season. Another great thing about Archer is the pop-culture references, which weren't really possible given the era.

I was waiting for the season to drive towards something, and it didn't. Was anything resolved? Is the show done? Based on the last couple of scenes it sure seemed like they didn't know. And the Pam scene just didn't make sense to me.