SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Walking Dead Season 8
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Walking Dead Season 8 Login/Join 
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
What happened to the couple hundred Negan soldiers? That's not even counting the workers. I guess they blew up in two cars.

I'm really struggling with stupidity of the people and plot. It just keeps getting worse.

My guess is that they were off getting ready to level one of the 3 villages. Probably Hilltop.

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6850 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
There is a world elsewhere
Picture of Echtermetzger
posted Hide Post
quote:
My guess is that they were off getting ready to level one of the 3 villages. Probably Hilltop.

Hey, why not? It's not like Rick, et. al., do any real recon. "Golly how did 200 people all slip by without us noticing"

Or the convenient plot hole of having isolated, lone lookouts when you are at war.

Or just walking up in broad daylight to the front door.

etcetera, etcetera

contrived stupidity for the sake of drama

A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed.

Posts: 6685 | Location: The hard land of the Winter | Registered: April 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ever since I learned that it wasn't a documentary, the mysticism was gone.

However, I'm still hoping for The Walking Dead:The Musical and The Walking Dead:Monty Python's Edition.

From what I saw last Sunday, they're close.

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
99.97% of movies and TV require massive suspension of disbelief, particularly if you know anything about the subject. Try watching historical fiction. You can probably find one where the Buddha attempts to mediate the conflict between Julius Caesar and Henry the Eighth. Police dramas are probably even worse.

Yes, many of the great films required an absolute sacrifice of sense of realism and logic; Raiders of the Lost Ark, Star Wars, Alien, Magnum Force, North By Northwest, etc. Or TV shows like Breaking Bad or X-Files. The issue is that TWD simply does not have the writing and acting of the above mentioned.

I simply lost ALL interest, just stopped caring one iota after last season, 100% of my patience for the show ran out. At one point, especially with Shane, the show used to be really good, with occasional clunkers. Hell, even the fabled slow 2nd season was eons better than season 7. IMO, the last little gasp of life was the Governor storyline, and even that was at times painful to watch. When characters don’t develop through the years, when you cringe to hear a character open their mouths and speak, when the core story stays stagnant for long periods of time, when it becomes episode after episode of bad TV, you know it is time to stop watching

I cannot recall a TV series that has crumbled and deteriorated so much in its run. Maybe MASH, but not this horrible. It's really a shame, 7 years invested.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16672 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
quote:
99.97% of movies and TV require massive suspension of disbelief, particularly if you know anything about the subject. Try watching historical fiction. You can probably find one where the Buddha attempts to mediate the conflict between Julius Caesar and Henry the Eighth. Police dramas are probably even worse.

Yes, many of the great films required an absolute sacrifice of sense of realism and logic; Raiders of the Lost Ark, Star Wars, Alien, Magnum Force, North By Northwest, etc. Or TV shows like Breaking Bad or X-Files. The issue is that TWD simply does not have the writing and acting of the above mentioned.

I simply lost ALL interest, just stopped caring one iota after last season, 100% of my patience for the show ran out. At one point, especially with Shane, the show used to be really good, with occasional clunkers. Hell, even the fabled slow 2nd season was eons better than season 7. IMO, the last little gasp of life was the Governor storyline, and even that was at times painful to watch. When characters don’t develop through the years, when you cringe to hear a character open their mouths and speak, when the core story stays stagnant for long periods of time, when it becomes episode after episode of bad TV, you know it is time to stop watching

I cannot recall a TV series that has crumbled and deteriorated so much in its run. Maybe MASH, but not this horrible. It's really a shame, 7 years invested.

Yes. I agree with this in its entirety.

Posts: 1967 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think saviors sent out a party to destroy Alexandrea. That’s what the scene about Coral planning it’s defense was about.

Just my guess. Saviors seemed a bit light handed.

NRA Training Counselor
NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 2506 | Location: FL | Registered: May 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shiva is rapidly becoming my favorite character.

She's no-nonsense, only wants to eat and be cuddled by Daryl.

It would be a shane if she turns.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
buy the ticket,
take the ride
Picture of Blaker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bdylan:
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
quote:

Yes. I agree with this in its entirety.

100% Agree.

Posts: 1559 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: November 13, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
This thread is entertaining!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
blow out the windows

I'm pretty certain that Adam Sandler is the Action Sequences consultant for TWD.

Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Did you notice the walker girl from S1E1 came back for this seasons premiere?

http://comicbook.com/thewalkin...-return-episode-100/

I missed it

Posts: 17880 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
It seems that the only thing not in short supply a few years into the zombie apocalypse is ammunition. You have to go on dangerous runs further and further out just to find some old canned food, but Apparently you can get ammo in any caliber you need by the pallet.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
Lots of full auto fire from a distance of about 10 meters and I think there was one fatality...

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9683 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
It really is just absolutely ridiculous all of the full auto going on. I mean come on, for chrissakes. The amount of ammo being pissed away is absurd.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
It really is just absolutely ridiculous all of the full auto going on. I mean come on, for chrissakes. The amount of ammo being pissed away is absurd.

Totally agree, I kept thinking everyone with FA was bizarre.

Posts: 22895 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
full auto fire from a distance of about 10 meters and I think there was one fatality...

"I was left gasping for air. It's as if it was taken out of a page of real life! The best reality-based episode yet!" Entertainment Tri-Weekly (October 2017)

Big Grin

Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Who's the guy holding Rick at gunpoint? Martinez or something like that? Don't remember him.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rocket72
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slabsides45:
Who's the guy holding Rick at gunpoint? Martinez or something like that? Don't remember him.

Serious for real!? just kidding. I had no recollection either but apparently the hardcore fans remember him. Me? I was like 'ok google now who was Morales?'

Posts: 1537 | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm confused with the multiple locations. Tara and Jesus (more on him later) attacked the satcom outpost, that's easy. Did the "armored" vehicle gang with unlimited ammo attack the main Savior base (an industrial area) or another outpost?

Where are Rick & Daryl? In the main Savior base with nice living quarters for Negan and his, er...harem?

And where are Carol & the King going? They're reinforcing someone but I can't figure out which of the two other attacks.

Edited to add: Was there an explosion that nearly took out Carol and the King? At the beginning there's a sequence that implies they're recovering from a large blast.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Sigmund,

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
^^^^ I was admittedly a bit distracted while watching, but yeah, it was confusing as to exactly where the different groups where and what their goals were. I bet if you pause on the paper Rick keeps looking at, it would provide some clarification.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post