SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Walking Dead Season 8
Page 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Walking Dead Season 8 Login/Join 
There is a world elsewhere
Picture of Echtermetzger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Gimple is off the show as show runner and I think that fact will breathe some life back into the series. Starting with season 9 there will be a new head writer and show runner. I am hoping that the new writer will turn out a more consistently good product as the past season or 2 have been wildly inconsistent.

Who cares? How can anyone just gloss over a shite season. I watched 1.5 episodes of the last season and said fuck it. This thing has so many contrived plot points, massive, dumb plot holes and absurd technical flaws, it is unwatchable.

You can't undo the stupid, it becomes part of the canon. "Hey wait, man, last season, .50 cal rounds wouldn't go through a crappy jeep, now they blow through a row of sedans?"

Even if you clean up the tactical stuff, you still have the contrived dumbness to propel the story.

Has any show ever killed off so many black male characters? It's like there is an endless supply of cool black dudes that get wasted only to be replaced by another. Might as well issue them red shirts and send them off camera so we can hear them scream as they die a horrible, predictable death as an away team member.

A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed.

Posts: 6685 | Location: The hard land of the Winter | Registered: April 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Echtermetzger:

...absurd technical flaws...

What?? Are you saying 50 cal rounds will not bounce off a jeep???

Posts: 15899 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
There is a world elsewhere
Picture of Echtermetzger
posted Hide Post
quote:
What?? Are you saying 50 cal rounds will not bounce off a jeep???

yup, and they make little sparks.....as they impact a paved road. pew pew pew

or the tin roofs welded to the sides of cars that deflect rifle rounds like they were pellets from a 12 gauge.

A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed.

Posts: 6685 | Location: The hard land of the Winter | Registered: April 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Grrr...it just absurd how many commercials there are!

ETA: Oh, the trash lady speaks like a normal person again.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

And she can make a mean pot of chili!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7840 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
There appears to be a TWD template: navel gazing, build a house cards, knock down the house of cards, rinse, repeat.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I guess she just needed needed a good psychotic break to make her all better.

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What I learned last night:

The Savior complex was NOT destroyed.

Jadis IS capable is speaking in complete sentences.

Simon is an idiot. But a goofy, lovable one.

Aaron is an idiot.

Did I miss anything?

Posts: 15899 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
At least the episode explains why the Garbage People act and speak the way they do: Jadis was an artist. The apocalypse gave her the freedom to turn the junkyard into her own little canvas, and she made the people into who they are, including how they lived and talked. Like everything was just performance art to her. Then someone comes along and kicks the whole thing over, so there's no point in maintaining the artistic charade.

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichN:
quote:

I guess she just needed needed a good psychotic break to make her all better.

On Talking Dead they said the way of speaking was just part of The Heapsters' society, so she ditched in when they all died and got turned into chili. It wasn't that they didn't know how to speak in full English, they just chose to sound stupid.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Before losing his temper, did Simon ask Jadis about a helipad next to the junkyard? That's what I thought I heard, though it does not make sense.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
Before losing his temper, did Simon ask Jadis about a helipad next to the junkyard? That's what I thought I heard, though it does not make sense.

Yes and he also mentioned Solar panels. I wonder if it's either a Millionaire's home or possibly some large manufacturing plant before the apocalypse.

How they glazed over that tidbit makes me wonder if it comes into play later in the season. Last year, when we were first introduced to the garbage pale ppl, the camera spanned from their little spot to show a much larger infrastructure of paths/mazes inside the junk. I'm sure it's all camouflage for what they really have.

Posts: 1662 | Location: NH | Registered: January 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by terra:

How they glazed over that tidbit makes me wonder if it comes into play later in the season.

Seems highly likely. The helicopter made a brief appearance before the season break. I'm sure it will show up again pretty soon.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lcbjr77
posted Hide Post
I used to lose my mind knowing WD was gonna be on, it was probably 2 seasons ago where I decided not to give a shit anymore... I still watch it but it doesn't have the same gusto.

----------------------------------
Walther PPS M2

Posts: 1863 | Location: CT | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll stick with it. For now.

I watched last night with low expectations, so I was not disappointed. I was pleased to see more of Negan, he's so...unpredictable.

PLOT SPOILER FOLLOWS
>>
>
>
>
>

>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

Who's gonna save the doctor so he can deliver Maggie's baby? He's got a minor trap injury on his leg and took a handgun shot to the body, seems unlikely he can treat both himself.

Unless they introduce new characters, the only rescuer I see is Jadis from the junkyard. Maybe the helicopter is configured for medevac...

Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Who's gonna save the doctor so he can deliver Maggie's baby? He's got a minor trap injury on his leg and took a handgun shot to the body, seems unlikely he can treat both himself

The Indian guy that Carl saved will end up doing it, thereby proving his worth and validating Carl's decision.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:

That's not just a Walking Dead issue, it's an AMC issue. I recall being so pissed off that Breaking Bad would cut to commercial every 2 minutes that I would only watch it DVR'd so I could FF through all that BS.

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
quote:
Who's gonna save the doctor so he can deliver Maggie's baby?

He's dead Jim.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jaywendland1981:
quote:
Who's gonna save the doctor so he can deliver Maggie's baby?

He's dead Jim.

I don’t know. At least the camera angle made it seem that they left him in the pickup bed along with the now blind preacher. wouldn’t make sense to leave him there if he’s going to turn with the blind preacher in the same area.

Posts: 1662 | Location: NH | Registered: January 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lcbjr77:
I used to lose my mind knowing WD was gonna be on, it was probably 2 seasons ago where I decided not to give a shit anymore... I still watch it but it doesn't have the same gusto.

This is exactly where I’m at with with the show. It used to be my favorite show since Breaking Bad. Now, I still watch it but it’s pretty brutal to drone through episode after episode and only a few hours/days of time have passed in the show’s world. The writers are running out of ideas. When is Better Call Saul back on...

Posts: 524 | Registered: November 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post