SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Walking Dead Season 8
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 17
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Walking Dead Season 8 Login/Join 
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted
The Walking Dead season seven is only a few days away for those still with it! Just wrapped up a season of Fear Rhe Walkung Dead and it was stated there would be a cross over between the two. There have been ups and downs, but I'm still with it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tommydogg,

Beth Greene

Posts: 7840 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think you mean season 8. Season 7 was just recently put on Netflix.

------------------------------
I'm a right wing, anti-illegal, pro-life, gun owning, straight, white, college educated, politically informed, conservative, Christian male. Liberals hate me.

Posts: 2901 | Location: RDU, NC | Registered: March 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Is "Fear TWD" worth the watch?

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:

Some have criticized it but I liked it.
This last season was pretty good, IMO.
YMMV

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
FTWD is a decent filler between TWD seasons, for me. Just watched the finale last night & it had some good moments.
I can see it being easier to handle a series crossover with the direction things have gone. Though I'm still not sure how the distance (miles) between the groups will be handled. Same for the timelines, TWD is a few years ahead of FTWD, I'd think.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
I'll watch TWD when it starts back up. It can be really frustrating, but also really good at times. IMO they has some great episodes season 6, but season 7 was a letdown.

I tried season 1 of FTWD, but gave up. I think the fact that we've been watching and talking about TWD for a long while now has worn thin our tolerance of the requirement of suspension of disbelief in zombie apocalypse scenarios. We've been seeing the TWD characters make the same "mistakes" for a long time, so it jumps out right away when the FTWD characters do the same, I guess.

EDIT TO ADD: Tommydogg, you should probably edit your thread title to indicate season 8.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I'm still in it. Gonna take this one to the end.

Looking forward to Season 8 even though I don't have huge expectations after the last season.

But yeah, I'm going to take this show all the way to its conclusion.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KShooter:
I think you mean season 8. Season 7 was just recently put on Netflix.

My bad, I fixed it! In all the confusion, I lost track, was it 7 or was it 8? Smile Smile

Beth Greene

Posts: 7840 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:

I think FTWD was originaly a filler and a test to see if it could make it. This season, i think it really came into it's own. When it first ran, my thoughts were, this is a good way to keep me busy while waiting for TWD to come back. This season, which was a full season, i didnt ponder too much in waiting for TWD. If i hadnt seeen it i would definatly binge watch it and follow the evolution. I might do that during the winter break of TWD anyway.

Beth Greene

Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
I hope you got your shittin' pants on

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2380 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Read that AMC gave the green light for TWD/FTWD to get 3 F-bombs per season going forward.
FTWD used 2 in the closing episodes on the season. The first was subtle, the 2nd a bit more blunt.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Read that AMC gave the green light for TWD/FTWD to get 3 F-bombs per season going forward.
FTWD used 2 in the closing episodes on the season. The first was subtle, the 2nd a bit more blunt.

Its so common these days, i never even noticed!

Beth Greene

Obviously not a golfer
Picture of g8rforester
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:

I definitely heard the second one. This convinced me that what I thought I heard earlier must have been correct.

Posts: 2438 | Location: Winter Garden, FL | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
I'm hearing it more and more these days. I heard it twice in an episode of American Horror Story that aired 2 weeks ago.

Beth Greene

Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommydogg:
I'm hearing it more and more these days. I heard it twice in an episode of American Horror Story that aired 2 weeks ago.

AHS clearly has different standards, every episode has multiple f-bombs, way more than two. That's on top of regular sexual references, not the least being the killer clown with a mask highlighted by three dick and balls dildos pointing different directions. I'd have to say the filthiest non-subscription cable show to date.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
I'm certainly no prude, but the language that's being allowed on "regular" TV is sinking into a new low.

"When you stand for nothing, you'll fall for anything".

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
^ Anyone who regularly uses popular curse words but still spells them out phonetically and the like is, most certainly, at least half-prude, or maybe confused-prude. I mean, you're thinking the real curse word, you're intentionally communicating the real curse word, countless times even, but for whatever reason you just can't bring yourself to actually spell the real word. It cracks me up, regularly.

Yeah, sorry dude, you've at least got one foot firmly planted in Prudelandia.

Smile

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Today is a good day! Just a little over 12 hours now!

Beth Greene

posted Hide Post
"May my mercy prevail over my f*****g wrath"

The opening scene: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_2LQNVLEGs

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
On seven!

Beth Greene