SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Walking Dead Season 8
Page 1 ... 14 15 16 17
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Walking Dead Season 8 Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
I love how this thread stayed on page 2 even after the latest episode. Smile

That's how bad this show has become.

I missed it last Sunday so only just watched the latest episode last night.

I thought it was ok. But Daryl and Rosita letting Eugene escape was retarded.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
ALways consult a reloading manual and never trust somebody elses reloads.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Texas Bob C.:

Serious overloads!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7840 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
More loose ends than an Ex-Lax convention, no real cliffhangers but what a surprise, here comes trouble.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
I don't have the energy to comment on the number of stupid things in the finale. I'm not sure I'll be back next season. Oh well, it was a good ride for a number of seasons.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I thought I was going to get the classic finale I was looking for. A triple double cross counter attack with the all women camp joining the cause.

Could not understand what stained glass windows were doing hanging from tree branches in the middle of nowhere but ok.

Earlier, the caught the show taking itself too seriously by Rick passing by a broken mirror and looking at himself.

Until finally, I thought, okay, this closes the chapter on Negan. Then WTF? He calls over the doctor????

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19588 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
That was a ‘meh’ season start to finish.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommydogg:
quote:
Originally posted by Texas Bob C.:

Serious overloads!

Gotta love all of the Saviors shooting at the exact same moment so Eugene’s overloaded bullet plan worked. Amazing how Eugene knew no one would shoot a random bullet first and screw up his plans!

So now, Maggie, Daryl, and Jesus (of all people) are pissed at Rick for letting Negan survive? I can maybe understand Maggie and Daryl being upset but wasn’t Jesus the same guy telling Morgan he didn’t have to kill people?

Too many plot holes to count...

Posts: 524 | Registered: November 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aparoche:

So now, Maggie, Daryl, and Jesus (of all people) are pissed at Rick for letting Negan survive? I can maybe understand Maggie and Daryl being upset but wasn’t Jesus the same guy telling Morgan he didn’t have to kill people?

Yeah, that didn't make sense with Jesus just going along with what Maggie said. So is Maggie going to be the villain in the upcoming season?

Posts: 1662 | Location: NH | Registered: January 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
With so much else to complain about, how is Negan not dead? How do you get your throat slashed, not bleed out and be able to talk? When will Carl finally die?

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Did anyone watch the crossover episode with Fear the Walking Dead?

The two new characters introduced are interesting.

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by terra:
quote:

Yeah, that didn't make sense with Jesus just going along with what Maggie said. So is Maggie going to be the villain in the upcoming season?

Upcoming season:

I thought the season finale would have been an excellent coup de grace for this program.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:

Yeah, it peaked my interest (aside from the Walking Dead characters in the beginning trying to reason with Morgan to come back to their homes).

Though, in true Walking Dead fashion, the daughter from Taken (with a badass Swat truck) was able to successfully use 2 M60 machine guns to mow down the walkers and not hit Morgan or John (New gunslinger character).

Posts: 1662 | Location: NH | Registered: January 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
What's excites me most about the cross over is that Morgan, John, and Althea's characters are highly skilled. After many months and years in the apocalypse, they've adapted to a the new world and are thriving as experienced survivalists on their own .

I've argued that the Walking Dead could benefit from a few characters that pop in for a bit, demonstrate to the world some true skill, and then just quietly disappear and go on their way. Not everyone who shows up needs to cling to a community.

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed the first meeting of John and Morgan. John hadn't spoken to a single person in over a year. He was both shocked hearing his own voice and had to adjust how loud he was talking.

posted Hide Post
Did the helicopter appear in the finale? I last saw it when trash lady tried to send a signal with Negan poorly tied up.

To me that's sloppy writing. I had to look up Chekov's gun, but it applies here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chekhov%27s_gun

Posts: 15899 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Nope. Nary a beat of a rotor in the air. WTF, over??? [JSMH] Roll Eyes

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:

Yeah, it peaked my interest (aside from the Walking Dead characters in the beginning trying to reason with Morgan to come back to their homes).

Though, in true Walking Dead fashion, the daughter from Taken (with a badass Swat truck) was able to successfully use 2 M60 machine guns to mow down the walkers and not hit Morgan or John (New gunslinger character).

I will probably watch because I am a fan of the actors who play the new characters (Morgan and John) but the SWAT truck machine gun mowdown was absolutely ridiculous... and how every bullet conveniently missed both Morgan and John.

Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

It makes me think they don’t know where the storyline is going from episode to episode. Jesus spent an episode or two trying to convince Morgan that bad people can change. I don’t recall any later episode showing him change this belief. Then, suddenly he agrees with Maggie and wants Negan dead?!? Piss-poor writing.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
Did the helicopter appear in the finale? I last saw it when trash lady tried to send a signal with Negan poorly tied up.

To me that's sloppy writing. I had to look up Chekov's gun, but it applies here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chekhov%27s_gun

That sounds like a rule for those with short attention spans.

I'm not saying a story should be cluttered up with a bunch of teasers that never materialize, but I don't mind waiting for the payoff.

Also, cliffhangers are a tried and true method to keep people coming back for the next season. I will admit it's frustrating when a show gets cancelled leaving unanswered questions, but hey, it's a television show. If it's going to ruin your life maybe you shouldn't watch television.

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post