SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Walking Dead Season 8
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 17
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Walking Dead Season 8 Login/Join 
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
All I know is dat I wants me one o' dem guns dat shoot never-ending boolits!!!! Doze be AWESOME!!!!! Do the producers NOT think that's the first thing gun nuts would notice? Good lord!!!! [JSMH]. Like others, I'm to far vested in this damned thing to quit now...unfortunately.

They must be those ghost guns that shoot 30 clips per second. I bet a lot of them have that shoulder thing that goes up.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8347 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigSauerP226:
This is what bugged me. Who the fuck would take prisoners in this situation? More mouths to feed, more people to put up with. Not to mention they are only looking to escape or kill you. Nope, in this situation you kill em all and roll on. Sorry, but fuck you Jesus, there's a time and place for that state of mind and they are no where near that. A time this state of mind is relevant would be many many years away, after zombies ceased and people are trying to create a civilized society.

Bugged me too. They don't have the logistics to detain, let alone feed a big group of prisoners. Not to mention, just that morning each and every one of them were just fine with the fact they had turned others into their slaves. Yes, there is a time to be merciful. But now? Also, Jesus was almost killed by someone faking a surrender. So I cannot see a human, given natural self preservation instincts and all, simply shrugging that off so quickly.

And Rick, being in the lion's den, allowing someone to walk up on him like that. Total derp just to move a plot point.

And all the flashbacks and flash forwards are just a jumbled mess. Not to mention no frame of reference on where the different groups are.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8347 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
FML. Carol's battle field pickup rifle does not eject brass on full auto. Probably a PSA frankenbuild.

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Posts: 4797 | Location: SC | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
Goodbye big kitty. He died with his boots on.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
Looks like Chris Hardwick on the Explaining Dead has the Madagascar Plague.

Posts: 4797 | Location: SC | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MitchbSC:
Looks like Chris Hardwick on the Explaining Dead has the Madagascar Plague.

Maybe that explains why he doesn't know the difference between those who fly planes and those who jump out of them. Roll Eyes

Such an ignominious demise for the kitty, saving that raggedy king's sorry ass. But it was more plausible than pretty much the rest of this ridiculous episode.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
It's absurd the number and length of commercials we have to endure during this "hour" long show.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MitchbSC:
FML. Carol's battle field pickup rifle does not eject brass on full auto. Probably a PSA frankenbuild.

Wow. This episode is dumb. And hers wasn't the only rifle not ejecting brass. That kind of stuff is just too ridiculous to ignore.

And a small group of people, even zombie people, overpowering a freaking tiger and eating it? Oh come on. Roll Eyes

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Balzé Halzé,

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
There is a world elsewhere
Picture of Echtermetzger
posted Hide Post
A daylong firefight, on full auto, and not a single mag change the entire show. Shit, I only saw one or two with more than one magazine, so I guess they must have been really fast with stripper clips. Impressive.

And a ten foot tiger, taken down by a herd of toxic avengers?

A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed.

Posts: 6685 | Location: The hard land of the Winter | Registered: April 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wonder if the budget had anything to do with the big kitty’s demise. Kind of like the cost it took to cgi a dragon in GOT. Either way, I want this ‘War’ to end soon.

Posts: 1662 | Location: NH | Registered: January 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^
I’m sure it did.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
But but but. Kirkman on the Explaining Dead said that Shiva died in the comic book. Hopefully they'll take the savings and apply it to story writing. Or a 1983 GMC van that's black with a diagonal red stripe and is impervious to full auto fire and hard landings. Face, BA, and Murdock can ride again with Hannibal as a walker sidekick.

posted Hide Post
This Season is pretty flat -

I get that they want action - well then they need to use the $$$ to make GOOO action scenes.

Like ejecting brass, reloads, etc.

quote:
A daylong firefight, on full auto, and not a single mag change the entire show.

No smoke either.

10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
No smoke either.

They were using smokeless powder.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I was going to give it until the mid season break to turn it around but I'm thinking they have one more episode before I write this show off.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
I found an old pair of eyeglasses in a box that I had in the 80s. They looked like ole food's that had to split after meeting the king! The lenses have a slight brown tint to them. I don't know how I could have been seen in public with them!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7840 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The writers are way beyond their depth when it comes to both large scale action, strategy, and even rudimentary tactics. Not to mention all the weapons issues (how did they get all these FA weapons? ammo? suppressors?). It is so bad, my wife is getting fed up.

They even screwed up the Ma Deuce. Last episode and the first few mins of this one, they got it mostly right. Yeah, those 600+ grain pills are going to cause horrific wounds, that heavy MG is a serious force on the battlefield.

They basically made the M2 almost a character like Jerry's battle axe. The plot for the last few episodes is being driven by it.

So, after investing this much energy into the M2, showing its awesome firepower (and why Rick is so focused on obtaining it), during the car chase a stupid little Jeep Wrangler takes a full on .50 BMG burst to the engine and keeps going? Which is writers, is the M2 all that or isn't it? If it just behaves like 5.56 on a vehicle, why do they want it so bad?

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Strambo:
The writers are way beyond their depth when it comes to both large scale action, strategy, and even rudimentary tactics. Not to mention all the weapons issues (how did they get all these FA weapons? ammo? suppressors?). It is so bad, my wife is getting fed up.

They even screwed up the Ma Deuce. Last episode and the first few mins of this one, they got it mostly right. Yeah, those 600+ grain pills are going to cause horrific wounds, that heavy MG is a serious force on the battlefield.

They basically made the M2 almost a character like Jerry's battle axe. The plot for the last few episodes is being driven by it.

So, after investing this much energy into the M2, showing its awesome firepower (and why Rick is so focused on obtaining it), during the car chase a stupid little Jeep Wrangler takes a full on .50 BMG burst to the engine and keeps going? Which is writers, is the M2 all that or isn't it? If it just behaves like 5.56 on a vehicle, why do they want it so bad?

Everything you said was exactly what I was thinking but just too exhausted to type. I was happy to see that they got the effect of a .50 BMG on a human body right but frustrated when the jeep took those rounds like it was nothing. Ridiculous.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
It's not looking food for the home team.

I guess this is the wrestling formula of letting the good guys get pounded to the ground by the bad guys before they rise up and overturn victoriously.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19583 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, they don't have the scope right - they act like it's a huge army going to fight, then they have 25 people and a handful of cars.

This season is very 'meh' overall - they want to keep the action up but to them that entails minutes of full auto at close range (I guess they are all making bullets already or found a couple of huge caches).

They really need a military liaison on set to tell them "hey, that doesn't work like that, this is what you could do to make it better". Just simple things.

Oh well.