SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Walking Dead Season 8
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 17
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Walking Dead Season 8 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:

The writers keep coming up with silly ways for the characters to make stupid decisions so that they can live to fight another day. It's getting old.

X2.

No idea why I watch it anymore. It’s been a train wreck for the past 2-3 seasons. I hope they finish up this silly war soon.

Posts: 1662 | Location: NH | Registered: January 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
I'm glad everyone is still enjoying the series Razz

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On the bright side, tonight is the season ender, so I'll hit the sack earlier on Sunday nights in a week.

I just watched last week's episode and I'm still confused: Was Daryl's ramming the compound part of Rick's plan? If so, why did Rick look surprised when he saw the truck stuck in the wall?

I sure hope Rick doesn't trust the trash people this time...

Posts: 15898 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
My guess is that Rick is a bit dumbfounded at the lack of a herd surrounding the compound. Assumption says Daryl went rogue & took things into his own hands.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15150 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
On the bright side, tonight is the season ender, so I'll hit the sack earlier on Sunday nights in a week.

I just watched last week's episode and I'm still confused: Was Daryl's ramming the compound part of Rick's plan? If so, why did Rick look surprised when he saw the truck stuck in the wall?

I sure hope Rick doesn't trust the trash people this time...

It seems like every one of Rick's core so-called followers except Maggie, Carol and Rosita prefer to launch their own harebrained schemes instead of following the plan. Granted, Rick's plan has plenty of hare brain in it, such as his "handling" of the garbage patch kids.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, Daryl went rogue and now they have to deal with the repercussions. Hopefully, tonight will explain how the saviors were able to escape/get rid of all those walkers.

Posts: 1662 | Location: NH | Registered: January 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
My money's on Eugene going down tonight, nobly getting Father Gabriel and the doctor to the right people. First clue, last week on Talking Dead, he sported a Eugene-as-nutcracker tee shirt saying "I'm a biter". For sale of course --

https://id10t.com/

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
I stopped watching after Rick decided not to shoot Negan and rather they decided to shoot the windows out of the building . . . I may have made it to episode 3 I am not sure. I think they are still on the DVR but I do not know if I will watch.

I actually quite watching season 1.
Rick finds his buddies outside of Atlanta, they have unlimited pine trees and a great source of water (the reservoir). No one knows how to build a fort so they string cans between bushes and trees.

A group of friends and I would gather every Sunday to watch it together. It was a lot of fun. But we don't meet anymore and seem to do other things on Sunday now. I was checking in on this thread just to see if the story had actually progressed any.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3574 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Guess it's Carl. Ah well.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Father Gabrial developed immunity, he escaped with the doctor. The doctor will figure out a vaccine or a cure and cure Carl. That's my guess.

Beth Greene

Posts: 7840 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommydogg:
Father Gabrial developed immunity, he escaped with the doctor. The doctor will figure out a vaccine or a cure and cure Carl. That's my guess.

Doesn’t look like that(for Carl), from the previews for the 2nd half. Rick and Michonne were standing over a freshly dug grave.

Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
The father Gabriel thing has got to be a clue to something! Everybody hates mullet now, but he helps the father and th doc go.

Beth Greene

Posts: 7840 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The situation with Carl was out of the blue, at least from where I was watching.

I figured the surprise was going to be when Rick & Negan were fighting and Rick got a shot off that Negan would've been seriously wounded.

Gimple said tonight that there is a very important sequence involving Carl when the show resumes in late February.

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1925 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
An odd moment when Rick got hold of Lucille and popped Negan (face?), Negan responded with some garbled noises then seemed fine moments later. Huh?

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
An odd moment when Rick got hold of Lucille and popped Negan (face?), Negan responded with some garbled noises then seemed fine moments later. Huh?

He said something like Don't you touch her ! in a desperate panicked voice.

As to Carl, I guess he got bitten when he was fighting walkers in the woods with that stranger so when he volunteered to sacrifice himself for the group, he already knew he was going to die anyhow.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If there's going to be a brutal, unexpected shooting, make sure we know who it is! That adds to the shock.

Who did Simon shoot in the back seat behind Maggie??? I think it was the bearded guy who several minutes earlier said "We don't surrender," but by the time he got shot I had forgotten about him. After they got surrounded by Saviors there was LOTS of time to show the soon-to-be-shot-guy in the back seat, but nooo, it was somber close-ups of Maggie and Jesus.

Why do I keep watching this...

Posts: 15898 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommydogg:
The father Gabriel thing has got to be a clue to something! Everybody hates mullet now, but he helps the father and th doc go.

He even leaves them a car! But are they smart enough to reach Hilltop? Fr Gabriel is sick, and the doc may not remember the way.

What a dumb question! The writers will get the doc there just as Maggie goes into labor...

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Yeah, the creators need a course in "Realistic Movie / TV combat".

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Its producers and writers are either lazy or hacks or some horrible combination of the two."

Complete article:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/e...a-joke/#3c73be5a357c

In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
That will be the last you see of Carl, though.

I read an article last night from the actor confirming Carl was dead and he was leaving the show

Apparently he has already begun working on another project and then he plans to go to college.

quote:
Originally posted by soflaac:
The situation with Carl was out of the blue, at least from where I was watching.

I figured the surprise was going to be when Rick & Negan were fighting and Rick got a shot off that Negan would've been seriously wounded.

Gimple said tonight that there is a very important sequence involving Carl when the show resumes in late February.

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post