SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Walking Dead Season 8
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 17
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Walking Dead Season 8 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I think the flashbacks are him thinking how things could have been. He's dreaming of a nice life, gray beard and cane spent with Michonne and his daughter. Then it goes to Rick teary eyes. My guess...Negan gets to someone close to Rick. Either Michonne, Carl or Judith.

Posts: 2157 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: January 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm thinking blow out the windows and it's harder for all those trapped inside not to hear the horde of walkers and maybe go batsh*t crazy and start turning on each other.

Posts: 4657 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think everyone is over-thinking shooting the windows. It was simple suppressive fire-a delaying action to give time for the herd to arrive. I'd have been shooting low to hope to hit people myself, that thin metal wouldn't stop bullets anyway...

Rick's group even with the Hilltop and Kingdom don't have the numbers to attack Negan as far as I can tell (need a 3:1 ratio in your favor minimum to attack), so they used the herd as a force multiplier.

Me, I'd have played a mobile area defense and just starved those douchebags out. They don't produce, they take. Eliminate their raiding parties. If they mass to attack a settlement, reinforce from the other 2, in the defense the 3:1 ratio is in your favor.

Baiting them into an attack due to desperation would be the endgame. Defeat them in the defense with another settlement assaulting through from the flank once they commit to their attack.

I guess no one in the Zombie Apocalypse has read Von Clausewitz or Sun Tzu? Wink

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
posted Hide Post
Or perhaps Rick is the one suffering from a mortal wound and is the one dying..

quote:
Originally posted by Erick85:
I think the flashbacks are him thinking how things could have been. He's dreaming of a nice life, gray beard and cane spent with Michonne and his daughter. Then it goes to Rick teary eyes. My guess...Negan gets to someone close to Rick. Either Michonne, Carl or Judith.

------------------------------------------------

9/11/01 Never Forget

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus

Posts: 2673 | Location: VA | Registered: April 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
yeah. I'm with 226. Rick gets smoked.

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd be shocked if they killed Rick off. Won't happen.....

Posts: 2157 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: January 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
So the guy for whom Coral left cans of food.....think that's just some random scene or will that dude come back the help/haunt our "hero" group? I say it isn't random and that dude will come back in some consequence later.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
So the guy for whom Coral left cans of food.....think that's just some random scene or will that dude come back the help/haunt our "hero" group? I say it isn't random and that dude will come back in some consequence later.

Well, we do know he's Muslim so he'll be a force for good.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8341 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
quote:

Yeah, no doubt.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30407 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
quote:

Yeah, no doubt.

It's the law.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Me, I'd have played a mobile area defense and just starved those douchebags out. They don't produce, they take. Eliminate their raiding parties. If they mass to attack a settlement, reinforce from the other 2, in the defense the 3:1 ratio is in your favor.

Or just shoot the SOB when he sashayed out of the door.

Erik Kain at Forbes says it all for me:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/e...review/#1d3911e2e256

And a follow up.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/e...-sense/#616e1ecbda99

Now, you're asking, why do I watch it and bitch if I don't like it? I guess it's the 7 years I've spent watching. It can't go on forever, especially the way it is declining lately. I'll see it through.

Posts: 1071 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yeah, no doubt.

It's the law.

My plan is to watch the show to the end, but if they get too overt in trying to preach to me the typical leftist position on Islam, that might just be the straw.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
99.97% of movies and TV require massive suspension of disbelief, particularly if you know anything about the subject. Try watching historical fiction. You can probably find one where the Buddha attempts to mediate the conflict between Julius Caesar and Henry the Eighth. Police dramas are probably even worse.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
The scene outside of the Saviors compound felt dream-like.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9686 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FrankMoses:
quote:

Or just shoot the SOB when he sashayed out of the door.

Erik Kain at Forbes says it all for me:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/e...review/#1d3911e2e256

And a follow up.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/e...-sense/#616e1ecbda99

Now, you're asking, why do I watch it and bitch if I don't like it? I guess it's the 7 years I've spent watching. It can't go on forever, especially the way it is declining lately. I'll see it through.

Yeah, I left that alone because shooting him is so obvious, but Negan needs to live longer for the sake of the plot...

Real-world, Negans character wouldn't have walked out there, they'd have implimented whatever their defensive plan was and driven Ricks silly little sheet metal cars away.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yeah, no doubt.

It's the law.

My plan is to watch the show to the end, but if they get too overt in trying to preach to me the typical leftist position on Islam, that might just be the straw.

My thought when he quoted the Koran is that they've now inserted a character who can continue to quote the "peaceful verses" of it and shine a positive light on their religion. Character is there to serve a function.

For those who've read the comic, was there a parallel character in the book version?

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
oddball certainly had the best meta-description of the episode. it was long winded and disjointed to the point of eyerolling and WTFing at the screen. But, what I was extra confused over was the sheetmetal cars. I thought it was going to be for some sort of mobile zombie wall so they could funnel the hoard into Negans compound. but during the showdown it seemed it was meant as armor?!?!!? For a scene ripe with WTF everywhere you look, that really threw me for a loop.

Posts: 5405 | Registered: April 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Why did they shoot the windows?

Did anyone reload during that segment? I didn't see a single one.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
There is a world elsewhere
Picture of Echtermetzger
posted Hide Post
quote:
I did not watch, neither do I plan to, but let me guess; due to Scott Gimple's continued involvement, we probably have old annoying tricks like confusing time jumps, useless flashbacks, horrible dialogue, long-winded preachy speeches, and last but not least, stupid mistakes and actions by characters. Does that about cover it?

I don't think we can lay the blame at just Gimple's feet.....there is far more to spread around, like the writers, the producers.

quote:
I think everyone is over-thinking shooting the windows. It was simple suppressive fire-a delaying action to give time for the herd to arrive. I'd have been shooting low to hope to hit people myself, that thin metal wouldn't stop bullets anyway...

Rick's group even with the Hilltop and Kingdom don't have the numbers to attack Negan as far as I can tell (need a 3:1 ratio in your favor minimum to attack), so they used the herd as a force multiplier.

Baiting them into an attack due to desperation would be the endgame. Defeat them in the defense with another settlement assaulting through from the flank once they commit to their attack.

I guess no one in the Zombie Apocalypse has read Von Clausewitz or Sun Tzu?

At this point, I'd settle for them reading the Boy Scout Handbook. Yes, it is a drama, and people make mistakes, but this show just has way too many problems with common sense and logic, it is defies reason.

I can no longer willfully suspend my disbelief that these people aren't anything but the Walking (Braid) Dead.

What is the point behind welding tin siding onto a car? Why shoot guns at windows and not people? Who cares?

Forget it, why bother to even ponder

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Echtermetzger,

A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed.

Posts: 6685 | Location: The hard land of the Winter | Registered: April 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
What happened to the couple hundred Negan soldiers? That's not even counting the workers. I guess they blew up in two cars.

I'm really struggling with stupidity of the people and plot. It just keeps getting worse.

Posts: 17884 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post