SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Walking Dead Season 8
Page 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Walking Dead Season 8 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:

...And before Negan's story is tied up, they introduce Martha Stewart...

I thought it was Mrs. Doubtfire.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Captain Morgan
posted Hide Post
The book of knowledge is pretty funny. I guess there's no libraries anymore. And the van drives around which the savoirs always miss.

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3862 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Morgan:
The book of knowledge is pretty funny. I guess there's no libraries anymore. And the van drives around which the savoirs always miss.

Pretty sweet van though.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Balzé Halzé,

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tonight's episode is two hours, if any of you are taping it.

ETA: My bad, just one hour. The listing in my local paper was wrong.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Sigmund,

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
Tonight's episode is two hours, if any of you are taping it.

ETA: My bad, just one hour. The listing in my local paper was wrong.
And one hour was about 55 minutes too long.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Texas Bob C.:

And one hour was about 55 minutes too long.

This reviewer strongly agrees, as do I:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/e...extras/#35e716891ce3

Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
The fail is strong on this episode....

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So Carl gets bit and takes several days to turn, but everyone wounded by the contaminated weapons turns in a few hours.

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Where was Father Gabriel? The absurd script could have used some shots from his weird eyes, and then he could have directed return fire using his acute hearing skills.

And what about the kid asking who killed his brother? Didn't Daryl already tell him it was Gavin and later the kid speared him in the throat? Yeah, kids have a short attention span, but how did he forget that?

Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Why oh why couldn't Dwight have just dipped one crossbow bolt into zombie blood?

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15573 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
Did anyone catch Rick run out of ammo with his rifle? Progress!

Posts: 524 | Registered: November 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
So after watching 7 seasons of people being bathed in zombie blood, with no ill effects, are we being told getting zombie matter in the bloodstream is fatal?

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
So after watching 7 seasons of people being bathed in zombie blood, with no ill effects, are we being told getting zombie matter in the bloodstream is fatal?

Right? A lot of the plot in earlier seasons revolved around them “camouflaging” themselves in zombie entrails...

Posts: 841 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aparoche:
Did anyone catch Rick run out of ammo with his rifle? Progress!

As he threw the rifle away, I'm yelling "No mags?!"

Turns out I was wrong, Rick switched to his hatchet and was more effective.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8343 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SR025:
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:

Right? A lot of the plot in earlier seasons revolved around them “camouflaging” themselves in zombie entrails...

Whenever I conjure a mental image of Rick's face, it's usually splattered, or covered with blood.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fly High, A.J.
Picture of tk13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SR025:

In some of the episodes, they took precautions to prevent contact with skin. I believe in Season 1 when they were trapped in Atlanta and Rick and Glen camouflaged with guts, they wore rain coats. When Alexandria was overrun, they wore ponchos. I even seem to remember them using some face shields at one point to prevent spatter in the eyes when chopping up walkers.

In Negan's plan, they aren't just getting blood and guts on them, they were getting contaminated wounds. Like with a lot of contaminants, skin will provide an effective barrier to prevent infection. But with the weapons coated and causing wounds, the contamination gets into the bloodstream.

But with the issue of why Carl took days to die, but these wounded turned quickly, I got no answer.

Posts: 1647 | Location: Suffolk, VA | Registered: March 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Life's too short to
live by the rules
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichN:
So Carl gets bit and takes several days to turn, but everyone wounded by the contaminated weapons turns in a few hours.

Wasn’t it explained in season 1 when they were at the CDC that the amount of time it takes to turn varies from person to person.

Posts: 1696 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: August 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Far be it for me to defend the stupidity on TWD, but could it be that being contaminated by walker saliva takes one longer to die, as in Carl’s case, whereas getting walker blood into a contaminated wound causes much quicker death?

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5160 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cmparrish:
quote:
Originally posted by RichN:

Wasn’t it explained in season 1 when they were at the CDC that the amount of time it takes to turn varies from person to person.

It mainly varies according to the dramatic needs of the screenwriter.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
The contaminated blood is complete shit, one season they can take a bath in it and the next season it turns you? Honestly don't know why I bother, I complain the whole episode about all the stupid shit i.e no sights, unlimited ammo, perfect headshot etc. I'm not sure how my wife handles all my complaints Big Grin

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3642 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post