SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Just completed the last season of "Lost"
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just completed the last season of "Lost" Login/Join 
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted
...And my synopsis is...

FUCK THAT SHOW.

The rest of my review, at this point, would be nothing but loosely related tirades of expletives. Spoilers be damned. We'd be doing anybody who hasn't seen it a favor by spoiling the "ending".

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
The most extravagant shaggy dog story in television history. As one reviewer put it, the finale was emotionally satisfying, but technically disappointing. Most of the mysteries went unanswered.

I still count myself as a fan, as I am more about the journey rather than the destination. But I can sympathize with your frustration.

What's truly scary is that the world is now counting on creator JJ Abrams to pull the reins in on the entire Star Wars franchise, which has gone further off-target than an Imperial blaster.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16318 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The show never recovered from the writers strike. The ending was a disgraceful cluster fuck.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
I've always been a nut for time travel, alternate timelines and so on, but the finale of Lost just left me saying "WTF?"

Posts: 7262 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
My now wife and I started dating in May 2007. We would go down to Blockbuster and rent Lost and binge watch it. Many, many morning we lamented the fact that we were so tired because we stayed up to 1:30 AM binge watching, "just 1 more episode".

We never did finish everything though. The last few episodes got so dumb we just gave up watching. The first ~4 or 5 seasons were great though! I think the last episode we watched was when they returned back to the island on a flight. Not sure how close to the end that was.

Posts: 5759 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
I watched that show religiously from beginning to end. I walked away from the finale as confused as the day I started watching it.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Us to, we ordered the boxed set a while back and rewatched the whole thing. We caught a lot of little stuff. At the end of the second complete viewing we were still stumped. So we read all the fan and director ending explainations. We were like, well i guess so, if you say so.

The fact of the matter is, it was a shit last two seasons. The show as a whole sufferend and the final episode sucked so bad, that we sent it off to a realative that loves all bits of closure. Nice and tidy. It was a glorious bit of torture....

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
Back when that was the hot water cooler show, people would ask if I was watching. I told them I needed to have the producers finish the series, in case it got cancelled and left viewers hanging, ala Twin Peaks, et al. Then I needed to hear that viewers were satisfied with the ending. If so, then I would binge watch the entire series. However, no one ever said they loved the ending, so it never entered my viewing repertoire. (TV viewing requires extreme scrutiny due to the level of time dedication. All those hours are precious! It had better be worthwhile!)

Posts: 5583 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Wife and I watched a few seasons then in the middle of an episode we looked at each other and agreed it sucked. Turned it off and found something else.

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
We started it when it premiered. The first few episodes were good - then we got lost.

Never looked ba+k.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4223 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
Wife and I watched a few seasons then in the middle of an episode we looked at each other and agreed it sucked. Turned it off and found something else.

That's exactly what happened to me. Liked the first few seasons, shit went sideways, lost my attention, so I turned it off. I still have no idea how it ends. Shrug.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They die for real after leaving the island to return home. Realizing their lives at home were a curse they return to the island Dieing in an other plane crash. Those that were on the island lived. Hurley took over as number 1 for the island, ben/linus was number 2. They all meet back up at a church as saved soles and travel to the light.

Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:

That's exactly what happened to me. Liked the first few seasons, shit went sideways, lost my attention, so I turned it off. I still have no idea how it ends. Shrug.

I read a synopsis and still don’t have a clue what happens. Drugs are bad mkay?

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
I think wife and I watched a few episodes and gave up on it. The production quality, acting, and writing made us wonder what all the hype was about. Are we weird? Do normal people eat this crap up? A lot of people seemed to love it. I don't get it. This show is stupid.

Posts: 5130 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Im pretty sure that they changed the ending when someone figured out it was "purgatory" in season 1 or 2. I forget the events but someone guessed they were in purgatory and they gave "a no it's not." then the story went to shit.

I did love the season 5 though.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
I recall an interview with JJ Abrams where he stated that the Island was not the religious Purgatory, but you'd be on the right track for thinking that way.

Also remember, during the first season, the two main writers quoted as saying that there was no time travel. Untruthy and misleading, to say the least.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16318 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I never could get interested in that show. It always seemed like it was trying way too hard to be mysterious and confusing. And it wasn't all that well made, either.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bald Headed Squirrel Hunter
Picture of Angus the Kid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
I never could get interested in that show. It always seemed like it was trying way too hard to be mysterious and confusing.

My thoughts exactly. Life is mysterious and confusing enough without my leisure time being filled with it also.

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"

Posts: 6141 | Location: In the tent, in Houston, in Texas | Registered: October 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
The show started out great, but it really fizzled at the end Frown

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3641 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post