SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Netflix Triple Frontier
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Netflix Triple Frontier Login/Join 
posted
Comes out March 13th.

Interesting, plausible but, got some issues...big, known cast for a Netflix production.

Posts: 14574 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
Yep. Not excited for the casting. But could still be a good movie. Im lookimg forward to seeing it nonetheless.

It has a Ghost Recon Wildlands feel to it.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
Hmm. Never liked Affleck, but this looks like a fun one.

Posts: 7244 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
yeah, why not. Looks interesting.

Posts: 7721 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
Good guys go to rob bad guys, got it. Probable plot twist...instigator turns out to be working for other bad guy.

Affleck was good in The Accountant, so maybe this will be fun too.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16177 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not bad, there's a number of nits I could pick with this one, however it's watchable. Bunch of Metalica on the soundtrack.

Biggest nit is Afleck wearing what looked like an orange shirt-jac. Without giving away too much, if you're on an op, WTF! are you wearing a non-earth tone, not dark colored piece of clothing? Eek Mad This may be intentional by the director/producer to make Afleck stand-out against the dark and heavily shadowed environment, nonetheless, the rest of the cast was wearing acceptable colored clothing so...WTF production team?

There's a few others I can pick apart but, it's worth the watch. Not horrible, not great, entertaining, while tickling a interesting notion.

Posts: 14574 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Storm
posted Hide Post
Just watched this yesterday. I enjoyed it, and gave it 4 stars. That said, I thought there were some dumb things that they did, that I'd doubt ex-SF would do (I won't go into them as I don't want to spoil it for anyone).

Loyalty Above All Else, Except Honor

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 3873 | Location: Colorado | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pretty fun movie. I give it a 'B'

Definitely watchable. There are some well-worn cliches in there but not too over the top.

quote:
Originally posted by corsair:

Biggest nit is Afleck wearing what looked like an orange shirt-jac. Without giving away too much, if you're on an op, WTF! are you wearing a non-earth tone, not dark colored piece of clothing? Eek Mad This may be intentional by the director/producer to make Afleck stand-out against the dark and heavily shadowed environment, nonetheless, the rest of the cast was wearing acceptable colored clothing so...WTF production team?

I could chalk that up to - by the time he busted that garment out to wear he intended to be out of the tactical portion of the trip... ie the Op would be over by then...

Probably would have wanted suppressors though (although they did mention locally sourced gear...)

-------------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
C+/B-

It certainly wasn’t the Town or the Accountant, but I enjoyed it

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
I agree this was B-/C+ movie. It had potential and was not awful, but I didn't care for Ben in this role. I thought Oscar Isaac was very good and the rest of the crew did well. Some bonehead shit that these guys would likely not have done wrong if they were in fact SpecOps.

Delivery of the story felt a little incongruent between the first and second half of the movie.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9676 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not a big Ben Affleck fan, but this was decent. It's nice to see Netflix making some action movies. Hope they keep it up.

Posts: 1359 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeGLI:
Some bonehead shit that these guys would likely not have done wrong if they were in fact SpecOps.

I kinda appreciated that point. These guys were basically years 'retired' -- not on top of their 'A-game' also using a patch-work assembly of gear...

So that was my justification for some of the 'bumbling' .

Once it went sideways it was fun to see the ad hoc decision-making start... that's the entertainment value anyway - the 'what would I do' thinking.

----------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
SPOILERS BELOW:

The bone-head decision making is all driven by Ben Affleck's desire to keep all of the money. His marriage is falling apart, his relationship with his kid is suffering, and he believed that the money would fix it.

He got greedy. The plan falls apart every step of the way because he got greedy.

It's an example of outside pressure getting in the way of the mission.

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Storm
posted Hide Post
*** SPOILERS ***

quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:
SPOILERS BELOW:

The bone-head decision making is all driven by Ben Affleck's desire to keep all of the money. His marriage is falling apart, his relationship with his kid is suffering, and he believed that the money would fix it.

He got greedy. The plan falls apart every step of the way because he got greedy.

Well since you indulged (in spoilers), I will. I can't imagine that they wouldn't have laid an ambush on the forest trail, after they left the village/grow op. They suspected they were being followed. So I can't imagine they wouldn't have done this, being ex-SF.

I agree with you on the Affleck character being greedy. Although, I would have thought Issac's character would have put a stop to that, given they were professionals and were about to get confronted by the bodyguards coming back. But, it's Hollywood...

Oh, the fire, too. Real SF guys wouldn't have done something that stupid, particularly in such an open place.

Loyalty Above All Else, Except Honor

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 3873 | Location: Colorado | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Not bad. Had a kick ass soundtrack.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
Dumb damn movie. Been Affleck should be flipping burgers somewhere.

Posts: 1804 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Oh, the fire, too. Real SF guys wouldn't have done something that stupid, particularly in such an open place.

But he demanded a fire, how do you say no to that?!... Roll Eyes

Posts: 1804 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wached it last night. It really isn't that good (my opinion).

If yiu are paying for Netflix anyway, and nothing else to do, and want to kill some time, then it is worth watching. Other than that I wouldn't waste my time. I would rate it a C/C-

Posts: 2222 | Location: Lawrenceburg, In | Registered: May 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:
SPOILERS BELOW:

For me, the real bonehead decision was not spending 5 minutes to figure out exactly how much weight to leave before takeoff. Or at least putting enough inside the heli to make losing weight more convenient while in flight.

I couldn't help thinking while watching it: how many times will this basic story be used? Treasure of the Sierra Madre, Twilight Zone, etc. I'm sure the its' origins stretch back into literature as well.

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7233 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
^ let's do it like the Italian Job...not.

Posts: 3484 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post