SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Your Favorite Comedy Series
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Your Favorite Comedy Series Login/Join 
posted
We have several threads of "Your Favorite" and it made me think of what my favorite comedy series have been through the years. My funny bone is not easily tickled so some shows are dismissed fairly quickly but through the years I've found that some of my favorites include:

Barney Miller
Spin City
Cheers
Frasier
30 Rock

What's on your list?

A man should acknowledge his losses just as gracefully as he celebrates his victories

Remember, in politics it's not who you know...it's what you know about who you know

Posts: 812 | Location: CA | Registered: February 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
Andy Griffith Show
Seinfeld

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
30Rock
Rules of Engagement
Last Man Standing
Greg the Bunny

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Trailer Park Boys.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12622 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Two and a half men (with Charlie)

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Office and Cheers!

Posts: 817 | Location: FL | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
30 Rock
Arrested Development
Absolutely Fabulous
Police Squad!
(in color!)
Girls

Posts: 5583 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Married with Children
Beverly Hillbillies
Green Acres

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My common sense
is tingling
Picture of Kravashera
posted Hide Post
Titus

“You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.”
- Robert Heinlein

Posts: 988 | Location: Valley of the Sun, AZ | Registered: February 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
CSPAN

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Married with Children.
Titus.
3rd Rock from the Sun.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
non ducor, duco
Picture of Nickelsig229
posted Hide Post
The funniest show I can remember was sanford and sons. For it's time, it was the best.

Now, where so much more is acceptable, I would say something like trailer park boys.

First In Last Out

Posts: 4789 | Location: CT | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Carol Burnett show. Supporting cast was great.

Posts: 1195 | Location: Moved to N.W. MT. | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
Robot Chicken

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
Psych

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
WKRP needs to go on the list.

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Blunt Talk (Absolutely hilarious if you haven't yet watched it!!!)
The Simpsons

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Notary Sojac
Picture of festus haggen
posted Hide Post
Sledge Hammer!

Golden lads and girls all must,
As chimney-sweepers, come to dust.

Posts: 368 | Location: Maryland | Registered: June 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig operator:
The Carol Burnett show. Supporting cast was great.

Ding, ding, ding...we have a winner!

Watching Carol and Harvey Kormann trying to keep a straight face when Tim Conway went off on a tangent would have me laughing until I couldn't breathe.

I would give anything to have someone air a genuinely funny show like that again.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15210 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some good ones mentioned. Thanks to Hulu, I've been enjoying a short-lived series about the corporate world called "Better Off Ted".

Posts: 783 | Registered: January 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post