SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    My favorite scene from the Sopranos
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My favorite scene from the Sopranos Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I liked the one where he was with his girl friend and he is about to take her to bed.
She says something degrading to him and he looks away from her and waves and says bye bye.

She says, what is that about; He says I am just saying goodbye to my erection. Then he leaves.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Such a great show. Just started rewatching the series again.

I only just recently realized that Christopher is Spider from Goodfellas (not to mention a ton of other characters). Christopher actually shoots a kid in the foot in season 1.

It still blows my mind that Steven Van Zandt from Bruce Springsteen’s band, who plays Silvio jumped into that role without previous acting experience.

I’m up in North Jersey often and it’s fun to see a lot of the stuff from the opening scenes.

The “Drive Safely” fuel tanks are the easiest to spot since they’re right off the turnpike.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:

I’m up in North Jersey often and it’s fun to see a lot of the stuff from the opening scenes.

The “Drive Safely” fuel tanks are the easiest to spot since they’re right off the turnpike.

And don't forget to visit the "Bing" up on Rt 17 in Lodi

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Ha! I’ve actually been meaning to check out the Bing (Satin Dolls)!

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
I kept hoping the Russian would make a reappearance but he never did. It's a shame, there was material for a great episode there. Frown

Likely my greatest frustration/disappointment with the show.

I’d go to argue The Sopranos is the greatest series of my lifetime.
It came out when I was in High School and did not have HBO so only caught an episode here and there at a buddy’s place so never really got into it.

Years later watched it on DVDs delivered by Netflix. Loved it. Have watched the series 3 times and gets better each time picking up a few things here and there one missed.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25403 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 395 | Registered: June 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
Such a great show. Just started rewatching the series again.

I only just recently realized that Christopher is Spider from Goodfellas (not to mention a ton of other characters). Christopher actually shoots a kid in the foot in season 1.

The actor who plays Vito Spatifore has a cameo in that scene, he comes in for some sfogliatele or napoleons and the smart ass behind the counter tries to take his order ahead of Christopher's. Christopher tells him to take a walk.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9682 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
How about when Silvio goes and gets Adriana to "take her to Christopher"

Ends up with a handful of her hair dragging her ass into the woods....

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
We loved the Sopranos, didn't watch at first but friends got us into it. The best part was that I worked for a company in Newark and our biggest customers were the waste haulers. The more I watched, the show the more I recognized the characters.
About that time Waste Management and Republic came in and bought out the "Sopranos" of the area, times changed.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3396 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
Yup, a clear homage to the Spider character in Goodfellas, who also got shot in the foot. David Chase worships Goodfellas and hired as many people from its cast for The Sopranos as he could--over 20 of them.

Here's a homage to Marty Scorsese (it's not the real Scorsese) at about 0:30:

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/FCaAbFeTRAk

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15476 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
I don't watch much Sopranos but I remember in S1 Tony's man has a car horn that plays the "Godfather" theme. I fell outa my LZ boy!

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post