SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    20th Anniversary: The Fifth Element
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

20th Anniversary: The Fifth Element Login/Join 
My common sense
is tingling
Picture of Kravashera
posted
They are doing a limited, two day, theatrical release of the 4K remastered version of the movie in May. Just pre-ordered the tickets. It will be a good Mother's Day in the Krav household Cool

I still remember seeing this in the theater when it came out. I can't believe it was 20 years ago.

“You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.”
- Robert Heinlein

Posts: 988 | Location: Valley of the Sun, AZ | Registered: February 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
To this day, my buddies and I still say, "Aziz! Lights!" whenever lighting is an issue.

Posts: 2660 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
Ah Gary Oldman at his finest...

I think he eclipses his roles in Sid and Nancy, and even Batman.

Posts: 5131 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DoctorSolo:

Agreed, but not in The Professional. I think that may have been his best.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17276 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ah Gary Oldman at his finest.

Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
Agreed, but not in The Professional. I think that may have been his best.

Same director!

Posts: 5585 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Man I can't believe this movie is 20 years old!!!

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10728 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ravens1775
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads up. 20 years!

quote:
Originally posted by Rawny:
To this day, my buddies and I still say, "Aziz! Lights!" whenever lighting is an issue.

That's funny. We do the same thing with anything that resembles a "multipass".

Posts: 744 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
I cant believe it has been 20 years.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow....
20 years? Really?

I remember seeing it but I think I rented it from Blockbuster or Hollywood video.

I know I didn't see it in the theater.
I may have to this go round.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:

He is at his best playing a Monster. Dracula, Lawless, Book of Eli, True Romance, the Professional. Great actor.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12624 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
Good grief. Twenty years? I saw it in the theatre not more than 8-10 years ago, I swear. Where does the time go?

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post