SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Birth of the Dragon
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Birth of the Dragon Login/Join 
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by f2:
quote:
Originally posted by frayedends:
Jeez man, chill out. I was just saying that considering that most reviews say it's a turd I'm surprised to see such a good review. It's not like I told you that your entire life was a waste.
and i'll repeat what i replied to YOUR post..., what does imdb reviews have to do with anything?

You must be real fun at parties. Lol

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12407 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by f2:
quote:
Jeez man, chill out. I was just saying that considering that most reviews say it's a turd I'm surprised to see such a good review. It's not like I told you that your entire life was a waste.
and i'll repeat what i replied to YOUR post..., what does imdb reviews have to do with anything?
so no answer to my question - twice. thought so.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
I have been a Bruce Lee fan since The Chinese Connection was in the theaters back in the early 70s. I've seen his films countless times, I've read all of the books, and unfortunately viewed a couple of his "biopics" and came to the conclusion that I will not see a "Bruce Lee film" without the guy in it. This film does not seem to be any different. Imagine, a whole film about Lee's infamous fight (a fight that perhaps became more legendary than it really deserved to be) back in the early 60s when he was a nobody.

Judging by the trailer, I don't think I'll bother.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
more of a kung fu movie than a bruce lee bipic, or whathaveyou.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by f2:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by f2:
quote:

My comment was that considering the plethora of shitty reviews I was surprised to see someone giving it such high marks. IMDb is where I read the reviews so that's what IMDb has to do with it. Apparently you think the world hates you and that I was criticizing your review. I was merely making a discussion comment.

Generally comments like mine illicit some more details from the OP. Stuff like, "yeah some people just want all action but I enjoyed the story...". You know stuff that you see on a discussion forum. I'm starting to think you are just an asshole. That surprises me because I've not seen many assholes on this forum.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12407 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by f2:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by f2:
quote:

My comment was that considering the plethora of shitty reviews I was surprised to see someone giving it such high marks. IMDb is where I read the reviews so that's what IMDb has to do with it. Apparently you think the world hates you and that I was criticizing your review. I was merely making a discussion comment.

Generally comments like mine illicit some more details from the OP. Stuff like, "yeah some people just want all action but I enjoyed the story...". You know stuff that you see on a discussion forum. I'm starting to think you are just an asshole. That surprises me because I've not seen many assholes on this forum.
most people want story but i enjoyed the action. happy?

i can't see imdb as being an argument for seeing, or not seeing a movie, at all. talk about grasping for straws.

Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by f2:
i can't see imdb as being an argument for seeing, or not seeing a movie, at all. talk about grasping for straws.

(Edited)
I see that a lot of the bad reviews at IMDB were posted before the movie ever came out, many by people who were simply mad that Lee was apparently played by a white guy(?). Maybe that's f2's beef with IMDB? Rottentomatoes has "user" ratings at 70%, which isn't bad at all.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by f2:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by f2:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by f2:
quote:

most people want story but i enjoyed the action. happy?

Actually I never said anything about my decision to see it or not based on IMDb. I was merely seeking more input from you on your score. You didn't give any real details about why it was 9/10. But apparently my post was too subtle and complex for you to get that.

These go to eleven.

Three on, one off
Picture of G-Man
posted Hide Post
There's as much action in this thread as in the movie! I think I'll make popcorn.

Posts: 4449 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by G-Man:
There's as much action in this thread as in the movie! I think I'll make popcorn.

I wish they'd cut it out. Lee was my first hero, and taught me there is beauty in all cultures. I really wanted to see this. He was not in "Dragon" but it remains one of my favorite films because for a couple hours he came back to life.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post