SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Anyone looking foreword to "Iron Fist" on Netflix Friday?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone looking foreword to "Iron Fist" on Netflix Friday? Login/Join 
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted
I hope it is as good as the others in this series. I'm curious how The Punisher and the Defenders interact.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Still haven't seen an episode of Luke Cage and probably won't watch Iron Fist, either.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
I did not know.
But it looks good. Better than Luke Cage. Here's hoping.

Posts: 7354 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In Odin we trust
Picture of akcopnfbks
posted Hide Post
YES!

Posts: 1729 | Location: The Northernmost Broadcast Point of Radio Free America | Registered: February 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I'll definitely be watching it.

Luke Cage was the weakest of the Defenders shows so far, but it's still worth checking out. I hope they do better with Iron Fist, though.

Posts: 32503 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
March 17 is gonna be a good day. Big Grin Gonna see Ghost in the Shell followed by binge watching Iron Fist.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, the liberals are hating on it hard so I'll definitely watch it.

Posts: 1188 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by matai:
Yes, the liberals are hating on it hard so I'll definitely watch it.

Yeah, I've seen some bitching about how racist it is that Iron Fist is being played by a white guy.

Uh... Hello? Iron Fist is a white guy, even in the comics. Always has been. Daniel Rand. White dude. Blonde hair.

Posts: 32503 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I have not seen Jessica Jones yet, what is the consensus on that?

I love the Daredevil series, season 2 was great, that was the best Punisher portrayal ever, he should get an emmy.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10728 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
JJ was slow to get going, in my opinion. It took a good three or four episodes before I could get why Jones was such a bitch. After that, it got more interesting.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just saw an online review of the 1st 6 episodes of Iron Fist. Not good.

Posts: 734 | Location: Tucson | Registered: May 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:

Not as action-focused as Daredevil. A bit darker, a little slower, and a bit more cerebral.

Nearly as good as DD, just in a different way.

We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
If you use DD to compare the others to they will never live up. Even with Foggy in there, DD was well done.

The Punisher might, but the other characters have always been secondary to DD. Therefore I would expect their stories to be a bit weaker.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My common sense
is tingling
Picture of Kravashera
posted Hide Post
I will be binge watching Iron Fist. Of all the the marvel series, I still think Daredevil is the best, but the others are worth watching if only as a set up to the awesomeness that will be the defenders.

“You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.”
- Robert Heinlein

Posts: 988 | Location: Valley of the Sun, AZ | Registered: February 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:

I love the Daredevil series, season 2 was great, that was the best Punisher portrayal ever, he should get an emmy.

JJ is great for some binge watching. I like Luke Cage also. I especially like his detective friend.

NRA Patron Member, Instructor and CRSO
NC CCH Instructor
GRNC Life Member
VCDL Member

Posts: 1838 | Registered: April 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I have never been a HUGE comic guy but enjoy some of these new series.
I JUST started on Netflix and never heard of some of these much but started on the Iron Fist and Luke Cage.
I liked them.
Finished Luke Cage and almost done with Iron Fist.
Will be moving on to Jessica Jones and Defenders.
I started Netflix after running out of stuff to watch on cable.
These may not be the crème of the crop for the Comic Book Aficionado but good enough for me.
YMMV

Posts: 22899 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Be sure to watch Daredevil, smschulz. It's the best of the Defenders standalone shows.

quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Be sure to watch Daredevil, smschulz. It's the best of the Defenders standalone shows.

I'm adding to the list.
THANKS Cool

Posts: 22899 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No worries!
Picture of Chach
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

This. Daredevil season 2 with the Punisher (Frank Castle) was phenomenal, definitely the best season of all the Nflix / marvel shows. Jon Bernthal (who played Shane in Walking Dead) IS Frank Castle. I can't wait for his standalone show later this year (and his appearance in Defenders).

Whats more is I'd say some of the dialog in S2 of DD is just as good as the action scenes. 2 scenes in particular stand out to me, First being when Punisher & Daredevil are on a rooftop and Castle is explaining his views and the other being Castle explaining to the female lawyer assistant about love in the diner. Seriously great writing there.

Granted on the flip side of the coin, there was Frank's prison hallway fight. Better than anything Luke Cage or Danny Rand have pulled off.

Posts: 3188 | Location: NorCal - Sac | Registered: February 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree that Daredevil is the best of the bunch, so far. Jessica Jones had a slow start, at least to me, but started getting really good. Luke Cage was alright, but I kind of had to make myself watch it to the end. Same with Iron Fist. I don't know if it was the Danny Rand character or the actor playing him, but I just couldn't get into the series. Also, Colleen Wing seemed like a better fighter to me.

As a side note, I think The Defenders should have the tag, "And the hallway fights continue..." Seriously. What is it with these series and hallway fights?

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post