SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Snowpiercer on TNT
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Snowpiercer on TNT Login/Join 
I have a very particular
set of skills
posted
Greetings,

Anyone else catch the premier last night. Not great, buts it’s got Jennifer Connelly, so I’m giving it a chance.

Boss

A real life Sisyphus...
"It's not the critic who counts..." TR
Exodus 23.2: Do not follow the crowd in doing wrong...
Despite some people's claims to the contrary, 5 lbs. is actually different than 12 lbs.
It's never simple/easy.

Posts: 4991 | Location: In the arena... | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
I'm hoping it just goes away. They were showing commercials for that back in FEBRUARY! I'm sick to death of the "Hunger Train" adds every 2 minutes.

Seems like a stupid premise, anyway. Why does the train have to keep moving? If this is "all that's left of humanity," then who maintains the tracks?

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21821 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
The original movie "Snowpiercer" was bad enough, this is , so far, worse.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
I'm hoping it just goes away. They were showing commercials for that back in FEBRUARY! I'm sick to death of the "Hunger Train" adds every 2 minutes.

Seems like a stupid premise, anyway. Why does the train have to keep moving? If this is "all that's left of humanity," then who maintains the tracks?

Not seen the movie, then?

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PakRatJR
posted Hide Post
I watched it. Not horrible and I agree....Jennifer Connelly, giving it a chance as well Big Grin And I am a fan of train things so...their is that as well I guess Smile

Posts: 482 | Location: Sussex WI | Registered: April 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:

The movie was great. This show is not. One advantage of the movie is that it could a fairly tight storyline that could be wrapped up in about two hours. This is pretty obviously being dragged out with a murder mystery subplot. It’s actually kind of boring. Also, none of the characters are particularly interesting. I’ll watch the next episode or two, but it needs to get a lot better.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
I have seen the movie, it was O.K. at best. I don't think that I could stomach this as a series. Luckily for me, I won't be forced into deciding - no TNT via my OTA Antenna Cool

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
It was decent enough. Ten years ago I think this could have the potential to be a great series. Now, it just a game to see who can hit Diversity Bingo first and a good story towards the bottom of the list.

Posts: 4130 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
quote:

The movie was great. This show is not. One advantage of the movie is that it could a fairly tight storyline that could be wrapped up in about two hours. This is pretty obviously being dragged out with a murder mystery subplot. It’s actually kind of boring. Also, none of the characters are particularly interesting. I’ll watch the next episode or two, but it needs to get a lot better.

Movie is excellent.

Haven't seen the show yet.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:

Really?

I thought it was pretty well done myself.

Not sure how they turn this into a series though.

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I liked it OK except I couldn't get past why humanity would get on a train to nowhere as a means of survival, or how the tracks would never need maintenance in that environment.

And I still don't understand what happened to Jennifer Connelly to turn her from the most stunning woman alive into a stick.

Posts: 630 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
I don't know why they just don't kill all the stowaways in District 12 I mean, the end cars. . . Why let them live?

Or, when they have a riot with hostages taken and cops killed, the cops respond with mele weapons/batons. . .?

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21821 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have a very particular
set of skills
posted Hide Post
I didn't even know there was a movie until I G'd 'Snowpiercer.'

It's one of those series where you just turn your brain off and accept certain things like endlessly riding around on a train on unmaintained tracks...to get rid of the 'tail' they could simply uncouple it (until they came back around anyway), etc. As pointed out, it's semi 'Hunger Games-ish.' Hopefully there's a good plot twist in the next episode or two. And of course, we're all supposed to be waiting for the 'Be prepared to brace' tickler.

And perhaps the train moves to avoid even colder areas due to the season? I dunno.

Ms. Connelly being more than she seems surprised no one.

And Connolly is apparently a runner...which is probably part of the reason for her physique.

Boss

A real life Sisyphus...
Despite some people's claims to the contrary, 5 lbs. is actually different than 12 lbs.
It's never simple/easy.

Posts: 4991 | Location: In the arena... | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have a very particular
set of skills
posted Hide Post
I've caught episodes 2 & 3...still not great, but there is some plot/character development...some of it pretty dark. Somewhat cliché, but still there. I think the 'weak link' is the entire train premise in general.

But could be worse.

Boss

A real life Sisyphus...
It's never simple/easy.

Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
The parade of caricatures send me packing in under two minutes.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
I am just tired of the apocalyptic future scenarios. One member voices my take. The ads alone have run me off this this series all by themselves.

Posts: 7506 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Is Hollywood incapable of making something truly GOOD? I guess they stick to what pays; sequels, stupid reality shows, etc.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Didn't even know there was a show, but I liked the original movie, strange though it may be.

I saw a theory on youtube that was actually quite convincing: Snowpiercer is actually the sequel to Willy Wonka.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Perfection is impossible,
Trying is not…
posted Hide Post
quote:

I agree!!! I love Sci-Fi but the movie was terrible and the series even worse...

"Isn't it weird that in AMERICA, our flag & our culture offend so many people - but our benefits do not"

Posts: 516 | Location: OKC | Registered: October 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dan03833
posted Hide Post
So, I get the train is 1,001 cars long. But, how wide and tall is it supposed to be? Friggin thing seems to be part Tardis.

Posts: 1535 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: February 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post