SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Say, can I have just a little?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Say, can I have just a little? Login/Join 
posted
Just enough to fill a hen's ear?

Nah, I don't expect anyone to get it. Just a throw away line in the middle of a dramatic scene. The inimitable Walter Brennan to Bogart's Harry Morgan in what might be the only movie I think I liked better than the novel (from Hemingway's To Have and Have Not; great in passages, but not his best work overall). The movie is at least a fun melodrama/period piece.

Posts: 2693 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Brennan is always watchable. My favorite Brennan role is that of Judge Roy Bean in the The Westerner with Gary Cooper. He also was a menacing Old Man Clanton in My Darling Clementine.
"When you pull a gun, kill a man"!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16089 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
"To Have and Have Not" is one of my favorite movies.

"Was you ever bit by a dead bee?"

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve?

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichN:
You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve?

Waiting for it...

Posts: 2693 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You just put your lips together and... blow.

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Given Tropical Storm Emily is about to hit Central Florida, that might be a good movie to watch.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Brennan is always watchable. My favorite Brennan role is that of Judge Roy Bean in the The Westerner with Gary Cooper. He also was a menacing Old Man Clanton in My Darling Clementine.
"When you pull a gun, kill a man"!

Brennan and Cooper together made for a few good movies.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post