SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    EDIT: Samurai Jack is back!: Discuss? (spoilers)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

EDIT: Samurai Jack is back!: Discuss? (spoilers) Login/Join 
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted

One season on adult swim to wrap it up?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ChuckFinley,

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post

Posts: 6298 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
I searched and didn't find it.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
It looks a bit darker than what I remember watching when I was younger.

Posts: 2007 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
I certainly don't recall actual blood being shown....just a lot of lube and hydraulic fluid. LOL

Still, I'm all in to see Jack end his saga. And here's hoping there'll be another DVD/Blu-ray release, preferably in a steelbox or collector's addition!!! Big Grin

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know for sure how to watch this if one doesn't have cable?

Right now the adultswim website is streaming a SJ marathon, but I don't know if it will show the premiere.

Hulu I think will have the season but I don't know if it will be live.

Moving cash
for money
posted Hide Post
If you had asked earlier I would have invited you over.

edited
Yes it is streaming on adult swim.com.

quote:
SAMURAI JACK MARATHON
Get up to speed before he returns. Live Q&A chat with Genndy, TONIGHT at 10p ET. Watch the Season Premiere online at 10:30p ET only at adultswim.com. [Presented by Old Spice]

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles scream and shout" R.I.P. R.A.H.
Ooga Chakka Hooga Hooga Ooga Chakka Hooga Hooga
NRA Basic Rifle Instructor
Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED Adult/Child/Infant Instructor
Red Cross Wilderness First Aid Instructor

Posts: 9912 | Location: Jawjah | Registered: December 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
I was watching the ND game so I missed the live discussion before the premiere.

Anyone want to share thoughts on the premiere?

Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
Love this show. I certainly hope they find a way to get the Scotsman back for a couple of episodes.

Posts: 7518 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by goose5:
Love this show. I certainly hope they find a way to get the Scotsman back for a couple of episodes.

In his live interview session referenced above (on youtube) he said that he will be.

They explained that because of his time travel Jack hasn't aged, but I don't imagine the Scotsman hasn't aged - if if not how they would explain that. Maybe an aging Scotsman sends his son with Jack?

Somehow he is going to have to recover his sword or else this season won't have a clear point. WIthout the sword he cannot defeat Aku now, or in the past - even if he gets past the Guardian to the portal that was presaged in the original seasons.

I like how the sewed into the 7 sisters some lies about what Aku has created and some doubt in the mind of one of the 6.

Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Excellent 2nd episode last night!

Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
The season is now concluded. Anyone want to weigh in?

Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
Storms knocked my power out, so I won't be able to see the last episode until Wednesday or they put it up on demand. That said, it was a hell of a cliffhanger for episode #9.

Posts: 3926 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
Bittersweet but it was the logical conclusion. They will be showing a marathon of all episodes of season 5 next Saturday night 11pm-4am.

Posts: 3374 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
I am so out of the loop when it comes to TV, cable or otherwise.

I have no idea what any of you are talking about.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
LOL Only the best cartoon EVAR (IMHO).

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post