SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Country Star Joe Diffie Passes away
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Country Star Joe Diffie Passes away Login/Join 
posted
This is only about the second or third time starting a new discussion thread but I wanted to post regarding one of my favorite country singer passing away.

Through the various news outlets that I read, I learned that the 61 year old singer passed away due to the Corona virus.

I saw him many many years ago in Columbus OH when he was touring with Travis Tritt and Leroy Parnell. I attended it with some friends that are now gone also and it was a great time by all.

I had planned to see him this year while enroute to my new job in North Dakota but the pandemic put a hold on any and all concerts.

I always liked this fact about him:

"Diffie first worked in oil fields, then drove a truck that pumped concrete in the oilfield in Alice, Texas, before he moved back to Duncan to work in a foundry. During this period, he worked as a musician on the side, first in a gospel group called Higher Purpose, and then in a bluegrass band called Special Edition.["

Another good one gone and way to early.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
I feel bad for his family. Everyone’s gonna talk about propping him up beside a jukebox.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
sad news

was a fan of some of his music, but he was already in ill health for quite a while

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
Which jukebox should I send flowers to?

There, now that we have that out of the way...

It is sad and I feel for his family. What health issues was he having?

Posts: 11151 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
Damn! I liked that ol' boy.

Let's prop him up by the jukebox.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5473 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was very fortunate to get to see him live in a very small venue last year. He sounded great. His band sounded great. I had, of course, hoped to see him again.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
WHAT THE HECK, 2020. Stop killing celebs I like!

Ming the Merciless, The Man in Black, Pappy from "Baa Baa Black Sheep," Ned Land from the 1954 20,000 Leagues movie, now John Deere Green. . . Frown

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21821 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
90s country is a big part of the soundtrack of my life. I have a fond memory of mudbogging up in Helen with some buddies and some ladies in a jacked up 2 door Tahoe about 1998-99 jamming out to Third Rock from the Sun and when that siren hit at the end I remember my heart dropping just knowing we were going to jail for trespassing.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10472 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Someone said he had health problems, that were a contributing factor. I'm concerned about John Prine, who reports say is in ICU in critical condition with the virus.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post