Moderators: parabellum
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Green Book Login/Join 
posted
Has anyone seen the film? Is it true to form and worthwhile to see?

Posts: 4309 | Location: MS GULF COAST | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
I thought is was very good. Yes, see it.

Posts: 5569 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, worth it. For a sensitive, hot-button topic such as race relations in the early 60's, this movie tells a very interesting story without running off the rails or, allowing a single theme to overwhelm all the other story lines. I thought Viggo Mortenson was miscast in the beginning but, I wasn't too bothered about it as the movie warmed up. Interestingly, directed by Peter Farrelly of Something About Mary, Kingpin and Dumb and Dumber fame.

Posts: 8554 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
What I liked:
Saw this yesterday. Well acted and funny; we enjoyed it. Dr. Don Shirley (Music, Psychology, and Liturgical Arts) was born and raised in Pensacola to educated Jamaican immigrants. The movie is a fictional account of one of his tours of white-collar concert halls in the south of 1962.

What I didn’t like:
Peel off the humor and it is just another “See The Racist White Southerners” SJW wet dream in a long list of such movies. Being from Mississippi, I am damn tired of Hollywood rolling out another vastly exaggerated depiction of the south I grew up in 50-60 years ago. They do it every 10 years or so to break open the scabs of old racial wounds. White southerners moved on long ago, but Hollywood has not.

Near the ocean

Posts: 1862 | Location: Central Time Zone Florida | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"I am damn tired of Hollywood rolling out another vastly exaggerated depiction of the south I grew up in 50-60 years ago. They do it every 10 years or so to break open the scabs of old racial wounds. White southerners moved on long ago, but Hollywood has not."

until the few quit trying to spoil it for the many , I think the Hollywood version is around to stay for a while

going to see it on tuesday

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 47459 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was good as a film. Historically it has many flaws.

Posts: 213 | Registered: February 14, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CALLING BENDABLE. Would you give it a thumbs up?

Posts: 4309 | Location: MS GULF COAST | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Was it worth seeing? I'll put it to you this way. Of the many films I have seen over the years, this is only the second one, where at the end of the movie, the entire audience stood and applauded. The first was Chariots of Fire. See it.

Posts: 1551 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
CALLING BENDABLE. Would you give it a thumbs up?

sorry , horrible weather had us reschedule until this coming tuesday

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 47459 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks bendable.