SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    WandaVision is out (possible spoilers)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WandaVision is out (possible spoilers) Login/Join 
Domari Nolo
Picture of Chris17404
posted Hide Post
Get ready for the multi-verse. In a big way. At least that's what my son tells me.

Posts: 2331 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG-Music to my ears!
Picture of synthrob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
I thought it was a great way to tie in the First Class version.

What am I missing? How is X-Men tied in? Is "Pietro" actually someone else we know?

Music is mediator between spiritual and sensual life. ~ Ludwig van Beethoven

Posts: 2853 | Location: NE Ohio  | Registered: April 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
He's the X-Men: First Class version of Quicksilver. The MCU didn't have the rights to "Quicksilver," so we only knew him as Pietro Maximov in Avengers: Age of Ultron.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by synthrob:
quote:
I thought it was a great way to tie in the First Class version.

What am I missing? How is X-Men tied in? Is "Pietro" actually someone else we know?

Because the “brother” who showed up was played by Evan Peters, who played Quicksilver in the X-Men movie franchise. The actor who played Pietro in the Marvel movies was a different actor, plus he died in “Age of Ultron”.

That’s also why the Kat Dennings character made a comment about recasting.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG-Music to my ears!
Picture of synthrob
posted Hide Post
Ah, thank you, Orguss and Dwill104. I didn't remember Quicksilver being in the X Men: First Class movie.

Posts: 2853 | Location: NE Ohio  | Registered: April 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Technically, he wasn't. But by refering to that version of the X-Men as the First Class, you understand which X-Men people are talking about.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG-Music to my ears!
Picture of synthrob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Technically, he wasn't. But by refering to that version of the X-Men as the First Class, you understand which X-Men people are talking about.

Ah, understood. That's why I didn't see him in First Class. Wink Thank you.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: synthrob,

Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
This is getting REALLY good.

For those who haven't seen it yet, slog through the first 3 episodes. Starting at 4, it starts getting good. 5 is excellent.

It's my new favorite show.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21821 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Yes, the Quicksilver crossover was cool.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
This is getting REALLY good.

For those who haven't seen it yet, slog through the first 3 episodes. Starting at 4, it starts getting good. 5 is excellent.

It's my new favorite show.

The first three were a slog for sure. It almost put me off watching the show.

Posts: 491 | Location: St. Augustine, FL | Registered: April 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now we're getting somewhere....very interesting developments.

Posts: 14571 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This show is getting less and less accessible to people who’ve only seen the movies, and not just the Avengers movies, you also need to have seen Ant-Man, Thor, Captain Marvel, and X-Men movies to know who some of the characters are. And even if you’ve seen all, or most, of them, much of the things are out of the comics and were never in the movies. So, the House of M storyline, who Agnes might be, the twins, the classic Scarlet Witch and Vision Halloween costumes, etc. are lost on the movie people. To them, it’s just weird.

The different era sitcom format needs to go too, IMHO. At least the laugh track is gone in the latest episode, but there seems no reason for Wanda or whoever’s behind it to constantly jump eras. The sitcom stuff seems like something that’s being done by the producers mostly to appear cool by just being able to do it.

They’re going to have to pick it up to keep my interest.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Surely the sitcom gimmick will be over soon, there's only so much you can do with that.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3505 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Just when I thought I was beginning to understand what was happening...

SIG-Music to my ears!
Picture of synthrob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just when I thought I was beginning to understand what was happening...

Agreed. There's a lot happening in episode 7, but I don't understand most of it (the subtext, that is). I know it ties in with the larger MCU universe, as previously mentioned.

Edit to add: This article walks through the events in the episode:
https://www.theringer.com/2021...arkness-agnes-reveal

posted Hide Post
Well, they could indicate when they are getting to the final act at least.

But I won't be surprised now if all this will make sense only after the final episode has aired...

Posts: 184 | Registered: September 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gocad:
Well, they could indicate when they are getting to the final act at least.

But I won't be surprised now if all this will make sense only after the final episode has aired...

This is actually a good thing, IMO.

Instead of having stuff spoon-fed to us, they are doing a slow build. I really like it, even though I have NO IDEA who the new character (in the big reveal last night) really is. I could google it, but I won't.

The MCU is vastly complex, and I imagine only a few of the nerdiest comic book nerds know all the stuff. MCU will tell us. Take Thanos, for instance. In the stinger for whatever movie (Avengers 2012?), they showed him for the first time. I thought he was a bad CGI rendering of Red Skull from Capt America. But, they fleshed his character out in due time, and he was awesome.

Most of the MCU characters were relatively unknown (to me, at least - I read comics as a kid, but they were 99% DC). The MCU did a good job of fleshing them out and explaining their origins. Most of them are not like Batman or Superman, which a great many of us have known for the past 40+ years with all the movies and cartoons. Even Ironman, Capt America, and Thor were a mystery to me until I saw their first MCU movies.

Likewise, with the Wandaverse, I imagine they will show us who the big bad is and we won't have to have 20 yrs of comic book experience under our belts in order to understand it. I don't have to know everything instantly. I can wait.

It is a very unusual method of story-telling, though.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21821 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Hamdan - this is turning out great.

Snoopers gonna snoop. Wink

Oh, and Elizabeth Olsen looks just like her twin sisters in this episode.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Just watched all episodes tonight and must say this is an interesting show. Looking forward to the next ones.

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did Prometheus have a garage sale on some left over vehicles?