SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    WandaVision is out (possible spoilers)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WandaVision is out (possible spoilers) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Cancelled D+ over the Gina Carano firing...will have to watch it someone else's place or, get it pirated. How many episodes is this season?

Posts: 14571 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
Cancelled D+ over the Gina Carano firing...will have to watch it someone else's place or, get it pirated. How many episodes is this season?

9, I think. 7 released so far.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Same here. I plan to just watch the recaps on the various YouTube channels that cover it. I am in it for the answers to the mystery more than the show or acting itself.

Posts: 491 | Location: St. Augustine, FL | Registered: April 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
Saw Episode 8.

Wow.

Just, wow.

This show is truly unique.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21821 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG-Music to my ears!
Picture of synthrob
posted Hide Post
The series is complete. Wanda finds herself, many questions answered. Future movies set-up, and hanging questions, of course. As usual, must-watch after the first and final credits.

If you watch nothing else, watch episodes eight and the finale, nine.

Music is mediator between spiritual and sensual life. ~ Ludwig van Beethoven

Posts: 2853 | Location: NE Ohio  | Registered: April 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by synthrob:
The series is complete. Wanda finds herself, many questions answered. Future movies set-up, and hanging questions, of course. As usual, must-watch after the first and final credits.

You gonna cancel D+ now and send a message to the Mouse and Kennedy?

Posts: 14571 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG-Music to my ears!
Picture of synthrob
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by synthrob:

You gonna cancel D+ now and send a message to the Mouse and Kennedy?

I most assuredly will! Wink

Posts: 2853 | Location: NE Ohio  | Registered: April 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I watched the first season and to be honest, it is not something I am going to be watching further. It is kind of silly and seems like it is meant for kids,( I know it is directed towards some) but I still like the other super guy movies that were made prior as they appealed to everyone. I enjoyed the Mandolorian, more so the second season, but it had something for everyone.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patw:
I watched the first season and to be honest, it is not something I am going to be watching further. It is kind of silly and seems like it is meant for kids,( I know it is directed towards some) but I still like the other super guy movies that were made prior as they appealed to everyone. I enjoyed the Mandolorian, more so the second season, but it had something for everyone.

Is there going to even be a second season of Wandavision? The ending seems to be a setup for upcoming MCU films (next Dr. Strange, Captain Marvel 2), not for another TV season.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG-Music to my ears!
Picture of synthrob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:

Is there going to even be a second season of Wandavision? The ending seems to be a setup for upcoming MCU films (next Dr. Strange, Captain Marvel 2), not for another TV season.

No, this was a 9 episode series that highlighted Wanda's story and is a setup for future movies, which you have named (AFAIK).

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I had a few days off, and binged the whole season. The first couple episodes were sloooooooow, but the last couple made up for them.

I kinda like the idea of these single season "quasi-miniseries" as a bridge between films. Certainly allows them to keep it tighter and fresher than a multi-season tie-in TV show like the awful Agents of SHIELD, and to put a bigger budget and more production value into each episode.

Anyone else catch the nod to Blade Runner during the final fight at the town square? Dovetails nicely with Vision's philosophical statements about personal identity, and memories.

Posts: 32423 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Angry Korean
with a Dark Soul
Picture of Windhover
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

Anyone else catch the nod to Blade Runner during the final fight at the town square? Dovetails nicely with Vision's philosophical statements about personal identity, and memories.

Indeed. To reinforce this they put the title "Tannhauser Gate" at the marquee of the Coronet theater during the transition scene when Wanda decided to remove the Hex.

https://www.inverse.com/entert...user-gate-easter-egg

Posts: 1169 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Windhover:
"Tannhauser Gate"

That's the one.

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."

Posts: 32423 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post