SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    WandaVision is out (possible spoilers)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WandaVision is out (possible spoilers) Login/Join 
posted
Two episodes have dropped.

Waiting for someone with D+ to let me use it. But this takes place after Avengers:Endgame.

elizabeth olsen is hot stuff

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I watched the first two episodes. Meh. You need to be into the Marvel Universe, beyond just the movies, to get some of the stuff. To be more than just a show for nerds, it needs start getting there a bit more quickly, IMHO. It’s kind of slow, and doing satires of various TV sitcoms is going to get old fairly quickly, I think.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
Also watched the first two.
By themselves... the episodes really suck.
However there's a VERY strong undercurrent of weird shit that makes you want to keep watching to find out what the hell is going on.

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1523 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of K0ZZZ
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
I watched the first two episodes. Meh. You need to be into the Marvel Universe, beyond just the movies, to get some of the stuff. To be more than just a show for nerds, it needs start getting there a bit more quickly, IMHO. It’s kind of slow, and doing satires of various TV sitcoms is going to get old fairly quickly, I think.

A gentleman I know was talking about it. Basically you're right: If you just watched the movies, you will probably be lost. You need to really know so much about multiple series in the comics to really get what's going on. It's definitely a show for those people who are really deep into Marvel.

... Chad

http://shotworkspro.com - Much better than scrap paper! Use 'Take5' to get 5 bucks off.

Posts: 769 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
Watched the first two...Pretty retro and boring in my opinion .

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3458 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Had they not dropped two episodes at the same time, it is unlikely I would have watched the second episode. But, they did and, I did.

As a result, I am [surprisingly] anticipating the next episode.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
If you really want to dive into the hidden easter eggs, check out NewRockstars on YouTube. That guy is a real nerd and knows everything about Marvel, DC and Star Wars. There's so much more hidden in plain sight and he does a good job breaking things down.

I haven't seen any of the shows yet and haven't watched the two breakdowns above yet.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5373 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Benny6, on this show, it doesn't take a rocket surgeon to see the references (or at least catch on they're there).

I did note how the set's living room changed from The Dick Van Dyke Show to a combo (I think) of I Love Lucy and Leave it to Beaver.

The kitchen and bedroom are Lucy.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
Watched 1 episode, went to bed early in lieu of watching 2nd. Too boring for me, though my adult nephew liked it. . .

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21821 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
Benny6, on this show, it doesn't take a rocket surgeon to see the references (or at least catch on they're there).

I did note how the set's living room changed from The Dick Van Dyke Show to a combo (I think) of I Love Lucy and Leave it to Beaver.

The kitchen and bedroom are Lucy.

The 2nd episode seemed to go for a "bewitched" vibe.

"Wanda, who is doing this to you?"

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3576 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Watched two. I don’t get it other than they are doing throwbacks to old shows.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG-Music to my ears!
Picture of synthrob
posted Hide Post
Episode 4 will illuminate what's going on in the first three episodes.

Music is mediator between spiritual and sensual life. ~ Ludwig van Beethoven

Posts: 2853 | Location: NE Ohio  | Registered: April 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Was just about to post the same info. I just finished watching the fourth episode and it answers so many questions about the first three.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
Episode 4 really brings some life into the series.
Makes you glad you stuck around.

Posts: 1523 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just watched 3 and 4. Please stick around for 4.
It gets better.

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Failing to prepare is
preparing to fail.
Picture of SigLaw
posted Hide Post
1&2 are weird, 3 is a bit better but see it through to 4, in my opinion it is so worth it and I am looking forward to seeing where it goes.

Posts: 1355 | Location: Gilbert, AZ | Registered: November 08, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There better not be any Captain Marvel/Bree Larson shit coming Mad

Posts: 14573 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was kind of weird

Posts: 1546 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
Ending of episode 5
Kinda saw it coming... but did not expect the x-men tie in like that.

Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I thought it was a great way to tie in the First Class version.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post