SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    someone go see the Meg , tomorrow
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

someone go see the Meg , tomorrow Login/Join 
posted
and tell us if its worth $6.00

trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsLk0NPRFAc

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54502 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Life's too short to
live by the rules
posted Hide Post
It wasn't bad. Saw it with the family on Friday. Not the best movie I've seen and by far not the worst. I was entertained for 2 hours. It's no Jaws that's for sure, but there are some fun references to Jaws.

Posts: 1694 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: August 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
I can't go see The Meg. It's rated PG-13.

Piranha 3D? Deep Blue Sea? Humanoids from the Deep? Now we're talkin'.

Posts: 5580 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
PG-13? GTFO? No way am I going to see a kids movie with a couple of references to an actual movie.

Edited to add: not directed to the OP, just frustration at hollyweird trying to make every action movie accessible to kids.

Posts: 1997 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vgex:
just frustration at hollyweird trying to make every action movie accessible to kids.

Preach it, bruthah!

Posts: 5580 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Obviously aimed at China as a secondary market.

But not bad.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
NTFW review...I'll probably wait till Shark Week..."I'll probably stick to the land...I like the land"

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/y7I-RZHFyTM

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's no Jaws that's for sure

Big Grin
thats what I was going to ask next
Big Grin

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54502 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
The book sucked hog balls.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LtJL:
The book sucked hog balls.

Well, you know, the movie is always better than the book. Just think of Cujo, Pet Semetary, Dune...

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Roll Eyes

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LastCubScout:
I can't go see The Meg. It's rated PG-13.

I know, can't be any good unless it's "R".

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post