Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Deputy Login/Join 
Picture of CQB60
posted
The new Fox LE drama “Deputy” disappointed me in the first three minutes. It opens with Our hero the subject of some internal review and essentially utters how he doesn’t support the efforts of ICE & their approach to deporting families. PC characters & dialogue, Let’s see how it unfolds..

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hmmmm..

Wow, that is not what I wanted to hear/read.
I have been looking forward to the series to begin.

I will watch and see how much pC has been infiltrated into the script.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another one off my watch list. Thanks for the heads-up

If they (TV) keep going, I soon will have no need of them (cable networks)at all. Whatever will I do with all my extra time and money??

Posts: 146 | Location: South Texas  | Registered: August 28, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I ll keep watching reruns of Justified.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Give it a episode or two if only to check my perspective, keep me honest! Btw, nothing beats Justified Wink
quote:
Originally posted by Texas@Last:
Another one off my watch list. Thanks for the heads-up

If they (TV) keep going, I soon will have no need of them (cable networks)at all. Whatever will I do with all my extra time and money??

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
I got turned off by the trailers. I'm gonna pass.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Damn, i was kind of hoping it would be a hands on no bullshit hard ass who would takeover the administration and point out the stupid cant change mentality of most police administrations.

Posts: 7721 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Sounds like another reason to skip it. Not that I needed another.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I didn't realize that Hulu had the early premiere on its site.

I am half way through it. Not bad. The whole ice thing didn't really bother me because I feel the same way. For years I have been complaining that we should have been kicking in doors of drug dealers, felons etc.. who are illegal. My Shift SGTs got tired of me complaining about it.

The only thing that irks me is the female that is supposed to be his driver and "body guard" but only weighs 105 after eating breakfast

That has SJW and PC written all over it, but unfortunately it is the new reality of LE.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
I made it 10 seconds into his SJW Cop speech before turning it off. Another Hollyweird load of crap.

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Deputy

Watched the "official" trailer ~ didn't seem all that bad.
Guess I'll give it a shot tonite and see what it's all about.
So we'll see if it's too SJW antics or not.
If so THEN I'll boot it.

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was killing time before my phone interview, so I watched the episode.

I am glad I watched it but I highly doubt if I watch another episode. I may watch the beginning of the second one to see if they are going to continue going down the same path as the first episode.

Of course a new show cannot go 20mins with out having to explore, explain or bring up the whole Lesbian Police angle, and her performance in the big finale at the end. Of course she would be a cross between Annie Oakley, Bill Tilghman and a Navy Seal.

Well I will not ruin the end, but Wyatt Earp would be rolling over in his grave. (The interview is for a position out in Ford County/Dodge City)

Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a SJW fest

No thanks

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rexles
posted Hide Post
And they have their token lesbo.

NRA Life member
NRA Certified Instructor
"Our duty is to serve the mission, and if we're not doing that, then we have no right to call what we do service" Marcus Luttrell

Posts: 1110 | Location: Holland, OH | Registered: May 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
I ll keep watching reruns of Justified.

The most believable unbelievable Cop show ever. I miss it.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Good luck with that interview. Hope it pans out for you! Happy New Year
quote:
Originally posted by mrapteam666:
I was killing time before my phone interview, so I watched the episode.

I am glad I watched it but I highly doubt if I watch another episode. I may watch the beginning of the second one to see if they are going to continue going down the same path as the first episode.

Of course a new show cannot go 20mins with out having to explore, explain or bring up the whole Lesbian Police angle, and her performance in the big finale at the end. Of course she would be a cross between Annie Oakley, Bill Tilghman and a Navy Seal.

Well I will not ruin the end, but Wyatt Earp would be rolling over in his grave. (The interview is for a position out in Ford County/Dodge City)

Picture of Steve in PA
posted Hide Post
Also turned off by the previews. I posted on a local tv station that will be airing it that the show will be a, one season and done crappy show.

Steve
"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Posts: 3436 | Location: Northeast PA | Registered: June 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
I'd likely expect this show more coming out of CBS garbage than FOX. At CBS it would fit right in with their other crap.

I did like parts of it though.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Well, I gave it a shot but see what everyone was saying.
Cancelling the "RAID" was the last straw for me.
Of course token Lesbos is a given now days anyway.
Don't think it will make it anyway.
Frown

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My take on some of the earlier comments:

The #2 in the department has $$ in his eyes cooperating with other agencies, and has lost focus on the real issues. You need to know your baseline responsibilities, and the costs of doing that before you start taking other money. I know we don't like illegal immigration, but the new sheriff wants to concentrate on the REAL bad elements first.

We have to understand that we're going to see "alternative" lifestyles in today's shows. If they didn't at least acknowledge it, the other side would be thumping down the doors already. Relax.

Yara Martinez. Remember her from earlier shows (The Unit, Southland, etc..). Very accomplished and strong actress. Also easy to watch.

The sheriff is old school (Longmire, Justified, etc..). He wants to remove the violent elements from the jurisdiction and promote a peaceful existence.

The premise of the oldest serving member of the Mounted Detail being the next in line - now, that is a bit different as a plot device.

Under California law, a Sheriff's Office has three primary duties: keep the peace (arrests, respond to calls), court security, and operate the county jail. In some counties, the Sheriff is also the official coroner.

I'll give it a few more episodes. I think some of the original things will settle down, and other items (like the upcoming election for sheriff) may get interesting.

Posts: 2768 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post