SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Suggestion for a very good XBO FPS campaign?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Suggestion for a very good XBO FPS campaign? Login/Join 
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted
I'm all thumbs with a gamepad but enjoy very much solo campaigns like CoD, Battlefield, late MoH, Metro... you can see what I mean.

Loved one FarCry game but found rhe following one to be too much of the same to get into it. I did the one where you climbed to towers, my son did the one with the small flying craft. There were followed by the sectarian and the prehistorical if i remember correctly.

Third person are not my cup of tea.

Too dumb and useless to play live multiplayers. I only mastered being a corpse.

Getting games down here is near impossible on a normal day but there might be a small opportunity...

Suggestions?

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12090 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
Ghost Recon - Wildlands is a great game. Huge open world. It's been out a couple of years so probably pretty cheap now.

I'm playing the next one - Ghost Recon - Breakpoint - not as good, but still fun. Again, a huge open world.

Red Dead redemption 2 has great reviews. I played the first iteration of Red Dead, but not got into the sequel yet.

I'm typically a couple of years behind the curve - I wait until they're cheaper!

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Thank you.

I'm a couple of years behind you... Wink

I own Wildlands, read the great reviews and bought it years ago. Since it's mostly a third person /RPG style gameplay it didn't work for me right away. Will give it another shot.

0-0

Posts: 12090 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
Read Dead 2 is incredible.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3585 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Red Dead 2 is one of the best entertainment experiences I have ever had. Not video game experience, entertainment as a whole.

That said, although, it can be played first person I think the narrative fits the third person perspective better.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Fallout 3, Fallout: New Vegas, and Fallout 4 are long, immersive single player post-apocalyptic 1st person action RPGs with plenty of guns. If you like the Metro games, you'll probably like these.

Skyrim is another good option for a similar single player 1st person action RPG. Although it's medieval/fantasy, so not technically a "shooter", but you can play through it as an archer with a bow if you choose.

The Bioshock games are fantastic, especially the first one and Infinite. Great single player FPSs with excellent stories.

The latest Far Cry (5) is good too. Still somewhat similar to its predecessors, but I liked it the best out of the later Far Cry games (3/4/5). And they did away with the freaking tower climbing, thank God. (There are actually some inside jokes throughout it about the much-maligned tower climbing segments of its predecessors.)

The Borderlands games can be fun as well. Not as deep or story-driven as some other FPSs, and a lot weirder/more lighthearted. They're best played as co-op with 1-3 friends, but can be played as single player.

The newer Doom and its recently released sequel Doom Eternal are good options for single player FPSs too. Again, not as deep of a story, and a lot more twitchy, fast-paced, and frantic than most modern FPSs, but fun.

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Played the Bioshock and Resident Evil series on the 360. My not so young anymore kids took the 360 to their home.
Same with the 360 versions of Metro and Homefront.

Guess that when CoD and Titanfall went jumpjets and shit i got fed up with all the fancy stuff. Never a fan of Mechwarrior stuff.

Considering Metro Exodus, BF V and CoD WWII right now. Yesterday I got Modern Warfare and it looks great.

0-0

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't bother with BF V or COD WW2. Their campaigns are short and simple. They are multiplayer-focused games with a basic campaign just tacked on as an afterthought.

Modern Warfare is only slightly better. Still primarily focused on multiplayer, but the campaign is a bit better, although it's still very short (~6 hours).

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
MS never acknowledged the existense of the Xbox down these parts.
Completely ignored the original and announced the 360 the same day they announced the XBO!!!!

Games have always been imported by third parties and started at $80 a pop...
Now everything is in lockdown and using foreign currency is once again a big NONO.
Imagine my surprise when I discovered I could get MW for the equivalent of $60 at the MSstore Eek
Not that it would accept my debit card... told me to sod off. Had to ask a friend for a favor in these cash starved days.

So far, i'm optimistic. Beggars can't be choosers.

0-0

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Well, I guess you can do worse for $10/hour entertainment...

secure the Blessings of Liberty
Picture of rackrack
posted Hide Post
I really enjoyed Dying Light and I'm looking forward to Dying Light 2, hopefully out later this year.

Red Dead 2 is very good. The Fallout series is great. I liked Far Cry New Dawn also, and others in that series.

I've never cared much for 3rd person either but I've enjoyed the Gears series.

I'm currently playing Division 2, another 3rd person I didn't think I'd like but it's pretty good and I think it's moved me past my aversion for 3rd person.

Posts: 1453 | Location: NC | Registered: February 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Remember the Lair's thread about the original Division that went from total excitement to repulsion even before I could get hold of the game.
While the premise and the basic gameplay looked captivating, the online only kept me from buying in the first olace. I have little or no time for online gaming and my ping this far south usually is north of 200, a big big handicap that makes CQB suicidal.
Sniping is guesswork. I always shoot into the future. It's beyond simple «leading» the target Roll Eyes

Good ideas in this thread. Need first hand experiences, no XBO buddies, PStation rules my country. PS3 and 3 were easy to hack so it became really popular. Xbox had no market at all.

0-0

Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
copperhead170 gamer tag, although I don't normally play co-op or multiplayer

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
With Ghost Recon Wildlands, you can choose between the 1st and 3rd person views. You can make either view your default, but you can also switch between the 2 very easily. I like 1st person as well, but found that 3rd person helps with infiltrating and marking your targets. Plus, you can make it so you look like Mitch Rapp and Rambo combined when using most of the HUD elements and assists, to looking like a rookie when you turn the HUD off. I finished the main campaign and had fun with it.

Definitely can recommend Hitman 1, especially if you can get the Game of the Year edition. It is usually one of the cheaper games in North America and it frequently goes on sale.

Question for you though, do they offer the Ultimate Game Pass there? If so might be worth your time to try it for at least a month. There are over 100 games on it, and you can download any of them and play as many as you want. It also includes PC games, but you have to have a pretty decent computer to play any of the top titles.

Your situation with trying to get games down there also makes me wonder how the Gift a Game to a friend works. If it works between North America and your region, I for one, would be happy to help you with something like that. So many games are sold digitally by Microsoft right through the console for 29$ USD within a month or 2 of release, that it seems awful that you would have to go through so much and pay so much for video games. Definitely let me know if I can help you further.

Posts: 247 | Location: Utah | Registered: June 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post