SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    ISO - Movie Search Function
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ISO - Movie Search Function Login/Join 
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted
I have several prepaid movie services such as HBO, Starz, Netflix, Amazon. I also have access to various pay per view type services. But when I want to watch a particular movie, is there a service, website or app where I can search to find who among these many is showing my desired film, and how much they are charging?

Thanks.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
what are you streaming on? An Amazon FireTV has a search function, some even with a voice search function. Push the button, say the movie title, and it will bring it up along with your options to view it. I'm guessing the search function is amazon's doing, but it will also search every app installed on the FireTV.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10474 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
The typical Comcast xfinity cable box let's you search across all sources, then it shows you which are free and which are ppv/purchase.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Roku has a search function. It shows which services have the film - you have to go into each service, however, to find out if there is an additional cost for the film.

Posts: 2768 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Apple TV allows you to search for movies and television shows across all supported streaming services.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post