SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    True Detective Season 3
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

True Detective Season 3 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
And one other loose end? How did the cousin die?
Did Tom kill him?

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16086 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Harris James killed him. Tom shows up in the pink rooms. Haris James captures him.

"How did you find this place?"

With a bit of persusasion or not much at all, Tom tells him, and tells him where Dan is.

BTW- and this was entirely coincidental, not sought out. Check out this copy of True Detective Mysteries magazine from 1930. Hey, whadda ya know. Daniel O'Brien. Nifty, huh?

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107556 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks... I missed that part.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16086 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
That wasn't on the screen. I am saying that that's how it played out.

Once Harris James found out that Dan O'Brien was opening his mouth, James murdered O'Brien and threw his body in a flooded quarry, and the skeleton was discovered when the quarry was drained.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
That wasn't on the screen. I am saying that that's how it played out.

Once Harris James found out that Dan O'Brien was opening his mouth, James murdered O'Brien and threw his body in a flooded quarry, and the skeleton was discovered when the quarry was drained.

I like the scene where the detectives are discussing Dan's disappearance like he got spooked and left town and the reservoir is in the background--nice touch.

Posts: 251 | Registered: March 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Yes, I caught that too.
This is the first time I've watched this show... have not seen the first two episodes.... I found it very interesting that nothing ended up being the way they kept thinking.... no sex trade or such... little brother died by accident...

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
have not seen the first two episodes
If you mean the first two seasons, you need only to see season one. I watched all of season two, except for the last episode. I didn't bother. That should give you the idea.

But, season one is well worth your time.

posted Hide Post
The character development between Rust and his partner in Season one is superb. The acting is great. The action sequence in the Houston projects was impressive. The emphasis was not just upon solving the murder mystery. It was unpredictable. The lines between the two detectives were well written and at times quite humorous. Hitchcock could do that sort of thing. Few others writers can.

Posts: 17231 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Okay, you guys have caught me. I'm going to track down season one. Now that I have hooked a 27" monitor up to my laptop I should be able to watch it and work at my computer at the same time... on one screen.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

I'm thinking the closing scene suggests Hays sanity is gone forever. He will henceforth live in the past.

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm thinking the closing scene suggests Hays sanity is gone forever. He will henceforth live in the past

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Subject to interpretation. I think it is a nod to his origins and why he behaves the way that he does. He was a tracker in Vietnam, and as a detective he essentially did the same thing.

Posts: 17231 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
That's the way I saw it, him as a tracker or scout.

slight change of subject... I'm trying to get a handle on Season #1.... Best part so far is the opening theme song...

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
Started re-watching season one again today. Glad I don’t have to wait a week between episodes this time around. Some great acting and characters. McConaughey and Harrelson are a terrific combo.

Michael

Posts: 1102 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I find it 'different' for sure.... they don't like each other and at times pretty much hate working together.... At first McConaugheys character is one strange dude and then you find that you can't really like Harrelson's. I'm at episode 5 I think and just got past the Biker/Black Crack house fiasco. One thing I'm trying to figure out is how would anyone think that any of those bikers were cops?

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Three on, one off
Picture of G-Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
One thing I'm trying to figure out is how would anyone think that any of those bikers were cops?

Undercover vice cops can look pretty grungy, in fact they have to look like that to be believed on the street. But for there not to be a large uniformed presence there also during what would appear to be the execution of a search warrant would make the hood rats suspicious. And they were.

Posts: 4453 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post