SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Pillars of Eternity for Xbox One
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pillars of Eternity for Xbox One Login/Join 
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted
Anyone playing this? It seems like a sweet game, but the total lack of explanation of the controls is getting frustrating as hell. Half the time my party suddenly stops following me, and I cant figure out what I am doing to make them stop or start back again. I figured out you use the "Y" button to toggle a mouse like direction mode, but when you go back into free movement, how the hell do you get your party to follow you?

This game is in desperate need for a manual or tutorial or something. I want to like it and it seems like something I could lose a lot of hours in, but damn is there a steep ass learning curve.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
Is there not a controller diagram accessible either from the home page or when you pause the game? Always good to study that when learning a new game.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I played it on PC, back when it was first released a couple years ago. Great game. It's the spiritual successor to the Infinity Engine game series (Baldur's Gate/Icewind Dale/etc.) which are some of my favorite games of all time.

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post