SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    What band makes you change the station every time??
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What band makes you change the station every time?? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
there is a huge trend with people singing not through their mouth and lips , but through their nose.
and its driving me nuts.

they are on tv , the radio on the youtube

no vocal quality what so ever,

Like Bob Dylan??? Do they keep they mouth closed while singing like a ventriloquist?

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Poacher
posted Hide Post
The Pretenders. Can't stand that chick

NRA Life Member

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Teddy Roosevelt

Posts: 2242 | Location: Newnan, GA USA | Registered: January 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Any Rap or Hip Hop.
Any so called Modern Country.
Want to see the most stupid example of Rap? Watch that "Drop the Mic" show!
Question for Rap or Hip enthusiasts:
Will there be a Mick Jagger or Paul McCartney of those genres in years to come? How does that type of "music" stand the test of time?
Any upcoming greatest hits albums?
Picture Eminem performing in his late 60s!

There are now classic hip-hop stations, so I guess it’s still going strong.

Obviously I should ride around blasting my Rush collection.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2362 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
So many I rarely listen to the radio. Wink

In regards to the "classic hip hop", sort of... it saddens me there aren't any "oldies stations', at least not what I want to here. Always an odd bird, I started listening to the oldies stations in high school, listening to music from the 50's and early 60's. That's what I want to hear on an oldies stations. But "oldies stations" around here play 70's and 80's... or 70's, 80's 90's! Some not even the 70's! Eek

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prince, I can't stand his music and even worse is the fact that they go on and on for what seems like 10 minutes.

It's kids like you, who make this bus late.

Posts: 884 | Location: Weirton,WV | Registered: April 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Captain Morgan
posted Hide Post
Guns and Roses
Led Zep
Bruce
Pink Floyd
Aerosmith

I dont like listening to them on radio because its the.same songs over and over again.
Radio never plays different songs from the same group. Always the.same five songs.

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3858 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
U2
Rush
Springsteen

“I'm fat because everytime I do your girlfriend, she gives me a cookie”.

Posts: 545 | Registered: December 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
The SSOB, Springsteen.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mttaylor1066
posted Hide Post
Chicago... and anything that lead singer has done in his solo career.

Company, villainous company hath been the spoil of me.

Posts: 1589 | Location: Stamford, CT | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
This is why I seldom listen to 'radio' any more. I either listen to Rush Limbaugh, or plug in my iPod. That way, I control the music that I listen to, and I'm not at the mercy of some DJ somewhere that has no idea what good music is.

On those rare occasions where I can't use my own source (driving wife's car, for example), I immediately change for the following:

Most Beatles music (though I can tolerate 'Revolution' the one time I hear it in a decade).

That crappy "If I had a million dollars" song. Stupid thing gets in my brain and won't leave.

Any overly-repetitious song, that just repeats the same phrase over and over and OVER again (see above). Another offender is "The things you do for love." The song is only 3 minutes long, yet 2 minutes of the song is this stupid phrase repeated over and over again.

I despise rap 'music,' but I never listen to any station that might play it, so it's a VERY rare event for me to have to suffer through even a part of it.

Michael Jackson music. He was a talented singer, but it seems the preponderance of evidence indicates he was a pedophile, so I will never willingly listen to his music any more.

Wagner. I love good classical music, but I just found out that he was very anti-Semitic. I will never willingly listen to his music again.

There are more. Music is my kryptonite. I will leave a store and tell my wife "I loved/hated that music!," and she will say "What music?"

Oh, and not all commercials are bad, but I LOATHE those commercials that repeat a phone number 4 BLOODY TIMES. Like, I'm eagerly sitting there with pen and paper pleading to hear the stupid number again so I can immediately call them. I really don't know *why* it bothers me; it just does.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21821 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
Any of the Bro Country or Tractor Rap acts.
Florida Georgia Line is one example.

I listen to real country, which means stuff that comes from Texas and Oklahoma for the most part.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any modern country goat roping rap and Alinis Morsette (spelling). I know, not a band but, she has one in the background. Can’t stand that Whiney grating voice...

Posts: 4022 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
There are several but the one that comes to mind first is Aerosmith. They got old for me way back in the late 70's and should have stopped a long time ago.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
Rap. Any of it.

Bruce S.

Madonna

The guy who sings hollywood nights - forget his name...

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
Rod Stewart. Can't stand his screeching wail.

Posts: 7244 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fatmanspencer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SBrooks:
Rap. Any of it.

Bruce S.

Madonna

The guy who sings hollywood nights - forget his name...

bob segar? Get out.

Not a fan of country, or rap that doesnt have a good beat. But the one who I can't stand, so much so that Pandora doesnt think they existed in the 90's for me, is guns and roses. Can not stand axel rose.

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Commercials mostly... then Hispanic Stations, because I have no idea what the heck they are saying....

In fact lately I've turned the radio off more often than changing based on the inability to find a station without commercials playing from some nitwit Car dealer

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
Rush. Geddy Lee's voice bothers me to an unreasonable degree. ...
Same. I'm going to add Guns n Roses, Pearljam, Stone Temple Pilots, Alice in Chains and Steely Dan to my list.

Posts: 45330 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any Paul McCartney post Beatles

Jim

Posts: 1338 | Location: Northern Michigan | Registered: September 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DonDraper:
quote:
Originally posted by stkfox:
Stevie Wonder and his band, don’t like anything he’s ever done.

You are not to be trusted. Get help as soon as you can.

Agreed. The GOAT!

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post