SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    What band makes you change the station every time??
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What band makes you change the station every time?? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
vampire weekend

Posts: 395 | Registered: June 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 64dodge:
Red Hot Chili Peppers. What a sorry excuse for music. Rush is a close second.

I absolutely cannot stand Red Hot Chili Peppers. Can't change the station fast enough. That's probably my only one.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11446 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Yeah, RHCP is pretty bad, but I think Sublime is even worse.

Either way, I can't stand that style of SoCal surfer/skater/stoner reggae-funk-pop-rock.

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Don't listen to the radio or a streaming service for music.

Most of the music today is too slow or not worth listening to. The other stations mostly play '60s & '70s stuff. Morning shows based entirely on people that aren't funny and won't shut up. If I wanted to listen to someone who won't shut their yap, I'd tune in to talk radio.

Loaded a few thousand songs from my collection to several memory cards. Every once in a while I'll give it a listen to see what I'm missing...

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Rarely listen to music on the radio anymore because I usually bring my own or listen to talk radio.

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Eagles. I hate the fuckin' Eagles, man.

Posts: 2466 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stkfox:
Stevie Wonder and his band, don’t like anything he’s ever done.

You are not to be trusted. Get help as soon as you can.

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 2263 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fusternc
posted Hide Post
Red Hot Chili Peppers. I simply can’t stand the combination of the singers voice and the beat of their music.

Add to that Bruce Springsteen, and one particular really twangy female Country vocalist (name escapes me)......JUST like fingernails on a chalk board for me.

There are a couple more, but I pay a few $ a month for Sirius to avoid the repitious nature of radio. WELL worth it, for me.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Fusternc,

Posts: 1373 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
Rap, most country, Ted Nugent and many others. The list is long.

yep,

rap, (cept the beastie boys)

and I have learned to instinctively switch as soon as I hear Freebird, Stairway to Heaven or Sweet home Alabama

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigwagon:
The Eagles. I hate the fuckin' Eagles, man.

Fuck you man. If you don't like my fuckin' music get your own fuckin' cab!

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Yeah, RHCP is pretty bad, but I think Sublime is even worse.

Either way, I can't stand that style of SoCal surfer/skater/stoner reggae-funk-pop-rock.

RHCP were decent before Under the Bridge became a hit, then they started sucking ,,

and I hear you on Sublime,, never got them,

and I am a big big fan of Ska,

Picture of SecurityGeek
posted Hide Post
Coldplay, Taylor Swift, and 99% of rap “music”.

"How old would you be if you didn't know how old you was?"

- Satchel Paige

Posts: 194 | Location: Little Elm, Texas | Registered: April 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pink Floyd. I'm a *huge* progressive rock fan, but I find PF just plain boring.

Posts: 698 | Registered: February 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
New A Perfect Circle. Their new album is all about how bad Republicans are. Fuck them.

Posts: 3370 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
Jethro Tull.
I heard an interview with him (Ian Anderson) and during the concerts he lectures how fucked up the U.S. is because of the wars in the mid-east. Go back to where you came from and never come back here again.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4011 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paten:
New A Perfect Circle. Their new album is all about how bad Republicans are. Fuck them.

Well, their previous album (14 years ago) was about how bad George W. Bush and the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan were. So no real surprise there...

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any Rap or Hip Hop.
Any so called Modern Country.
Want to see the most stupid example of Rap? Watch that "Drop the Mic" show!
Question for Rap or Hip enthusiasts:
Will there be a Mick Jagger or Paul McCartney of those genres in years to come? How does that type of "music" stand the test of time?
Any upcoming greatest hits albums?
Picture Eminem performing in his late 60s!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Frampton and that terrible Taylor Swift.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4216 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
there is a huge trend with people singing not through their mouth and lips , but through their nose.
and its driving me nuts.

they are on tv , the radio on the youtube

no vocal quality what so ever,

here is one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVKw88lmoDA

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bendable,

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54502 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Denny220:
Springsteen.

Yes, him and Rush. More but...

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post