SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    What band makes you change the station every time??
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What band makes you change the station every time?? Login/Join 
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
I agree with many of the bands mentioned here....but what absolutely ruins a song is a great band and or great song ruined by a shitty singer. But beyond all of that, a stupid commercial will yield a faster reaction time when it comes to switching stations.

Posts: 4518 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
Train, Genesis, Phil Collins. Little Big Town, The Band Perry, Fla GA Line, Rascall Flatts. Pretty much all rap, hip hop, disco.

Posts: 7437 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
station identification.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I hat to be a grumpy old man, but anything on pop radio. Or pop country.

I play my own music in the car and at work, and use the radio for news only. I do turn to the classical and jazz station sometimes.

Of music that is from my own youth, I am with the AC/DC and Rush haters. I just don't get it. Overblown, pretentious, merely loud . . .

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Eagles. Stupid country band with THE worst drummer trying to be rockers.

I Drink & I Know Things

Posts: 352 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CoinRoller:
The Eagles. Stupid country band with THE worst drummer trying to be rockers.

Hey man, Take it Easy.... Big Grin

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
Lol...this thread contains some of my favorite bands.

Posts: 1957 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
When I hear Green Day, I want to punch a nun.

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Garret Blaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by motoboy:
Queen........ Frown

This

-----------------------------------

Posts: 335 | Location: Buffalo, WY | Registered: June 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't say the bands themselves necessarily, but some individual songs, partly from overplaying but mostly because they suck, make me change the station. The latest one to do so is "Red Cold River" by Breaking Benjamin, usually a decent band. There are also a number of bands that I only like one song from.

Posts: 27837 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Twist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
When I hear Green Day, I want to punch a nun.

For real.

I'm telling you, the lead singer sounds like a goat being the recipient of unwilling buttsecks.

Posts: 1931 | Location: NOT Houston, Tx (Thank God), but in the area. | Registered: May 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
Melloncamp, or whatever he calls himself now days.

Posts: 7320 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ZZTop. Below average, at best. At the Holidays, it's that crappy music of the Trans-Siberian Orchestra. What a bunch of absolute crap. Saw them in concert once (part of a family weekend I had no interest in). It was literally the worst musical show I've ever seen. Can't believe they actually have fans.

--------------------------------------

Posts: 3477 | Location: Central California | Registered: April 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Journey
Paul McCartney
Queen
John Denver

Posts: 3971 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post
Boston

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7629 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't burn
the day away
posted Hide Post
Green Day every time.
Linkin Park too.

Posts: 2074 | Location: Worcester County, MA  | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1 - Red Hot Chili Peppers - for the same reasons others have mentioned. How they ever get play on classic rock stations is beyond me, because they are neither classic nor rock.

2 - Queen - Way overplayed, particularly "Bohemian Rhapsody," and I never really liked their music much back in the day.

3 - Johnny Cougar/John Cougar/John Cougar Mellencamp/John Mellencamp - Can't stand the little leftist gnome and his music all sounds the same.

4 - The Beatles - Not because I haven't liked their music, but after you've heard each song a million times it reaches a point when you just can't listen to them anymore.

5 - ELO - From Wiki, "Their music is characterised by a fusion of Beatlesque pop, classical arrangements, and futuristic iconography," and those are exactly the reasons why I've hated them since I was a kid in the 70's.

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5149 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Some of y'all have real issues. I'm reading AC/DC, Boston, Journey, GnR,
Eagles.... oy.

Now, I'm totally on board with most of Springsteen's stuff, virtually all of Bob Dylan, and any of this "so called" country where they have a need to try to rap it out to me. Wanna talk during your country song? It's fine, go find a copy of "Hello Darlin'," that'll show you how it's done.

I hate the politics of MOST of the rock singers, Mellencamp included. But man, I sure do go back when I hear some of his songs....

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Anything by the Archie's.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flying Sergeant
posted Hide Post
Nicklelback

Posts: 1673 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post