SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    I think I am finally going to stump the Sigforum Braintrust!! Any Project 86 fans looking for a song? FINALLY FIGURED IT OUT!!!!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I think I am finally going to stump the Sigforum Braintrust!! Any Project 86 fans looking for a song? FINALLY FIGURED IT OUT!!!! Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
Late 90s early 2000s
Project 86 or maybe just the lead singer did a song with Dirt (I think) about The Rapture. It was kind of a spoken word kind of song that described what all was going on right after The Rapture as they had been left behind.

I have scoured my music files and can’t find the mp3 I know I had it. I am sure I have it on one of the hundreds of mix CDs I made.

I can’t for the life of me remember the name of the track. I know it is not on any Project 86 albums as I have them all.

I have scoured Dirt discographies and can’t find it. I am 99% positive it was done with Dirt but I guess I could be wrong which is why I am having no luck.

Anybody have a clue what I am talking about?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Black92LX,

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25421 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
No idea, not my genre / area of interest.

A quick Google shows the singer to be Andrew Schwab, and he has a Facebook page. If it's been released officially, ever, it'll be in his list of artistic credits somewhere. If it was a one off, or a bootleg recording of unreleased material, and such, it may not. I'd post the question to his FB wall or message him directly and ask.

You might cross check every record label he's ever been associated with, too.

Did you look at Discogs for him, the individual?

Good luck.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of the Hudge
posted Hide Post
Love P86. The only spoken word song I can presently think of is on the "songs to burn your bridges by" LP but it has nothing to do with your subject point. Wait for the Siren has a song with that subject matter (ghosts of Easter rising) but is sung, sort of.
Nice to see other fans of this most underrated band. I much prefer the older stuff but "siren" was very good.

Posts: 799 | Location: Inland Nortwest | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Spoken word may not be the right way to describe it. That kind of brings to mind open mic, beatnick, hippie, kind of stuff.

Along the line of Chimes may be better but with less instruments and more electronic/hip hop beat to go along with that of Dirt's music.

But it was slower and the story line was clear. You don't want this to happen to you and they wanted you to know. Same with Chimes except with Chimes you are already in Hell so it is too late. Whereas this song being that you are still alive just left behind you may have a chance.

As for their music Drawing Black Lines is without a doubt their best album and likely in my top 5 favorite of all time albums.

I have seen them a few times mostly at big outdoor weekend fests with tons of bands.

But the best I saw them was either 2000 or 2001 not too long after Drawing Black Lines came out. Went to The Newport in Columbus Ohio and they played with Living Sacrifice and Stavesacre. Man that was a great show. Andrew even passed out on stage he was rocking it so hard.

————————————————

Picture of the Hudge
posted Hide Post
DBL is a great album and was the hook that got me into P86. Definitely one of their best and hardest driving. I still think that "And The Rest Will Follow" is their creative pinnacle and possibly their last great LP. Though, "Wait for the Sirens" is very good.
We have seen them 5 or 6 times. Once or twice in Florida (when we lived there) and the rest at Cornerstone (Illinois) Music Festival. We spent about a decade going there for our family vacations.

If "Ghosts of Easter Rising" is not what your looking for, than what you are looking for must have been the creative juices for Ghosts.

Posts: 799 | Location: Inland Nortwest | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
I never made it to Cornerstone and know I missed out.
That certainly was the place in late 90s early 2000s to have the best of the harder side of Christian music in one place.

This song certainly substantially predates the ghosts of Easter rising as that was around 2012 if memory serves correctly. I was listening to this in High Scool possibly college which would have been 2005 at the latest.

Being that the track is about the Rapture it may even predate Chimes.

I would swear it was Project 86 but am coming up with nothing even close and am begining to second guess myself now.

I am just going to have to pull out the stacks of mix CDs I made back in the day because I know it is on at least one.

I found Dirt’s album so I ordered it to see if it is a hidden track.

————————————————

Picture of the Hudge
posted Hide Post
Every time I saw your Avatar I wondered if there was an Under Oath connection.

Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by the Hudge:
Every time I saw your Avatar I wondered if there was an Under Oath connection.

Good Man!!!

————————————————

Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Finally figured it out nearly a year later!!

Sup The Chemist - Is This A Dream ft. Project 86

Was on the album Dust. Guess that is why I was thinking it was Dirt.

————————————————